Author Topic: Anyone have a good guide on setting up an X-55 for rotary piloting?  (Read 3564 times)

Bagchee

I can never seem to get the same responsiveness on the collective/throttle as most people in videos... I'm just asking for my own purposes, not for anything with the 506th.

Karr

Best thing I can tell you is to play with the software. It can be a little clunky at first but once you get used to it you will be able to customize your HOTAS for any game.

Montana

Come down to my channel when you see me in it, I can offer a hand as I personally use the stick. Best advice I can give is make sure throttle is set to analogue so you get the full spectrum of control from it. Also make sure you look into adjusting the curvatures/sensitivity to your liking. I really just played around with the settings until I found what worked for me, but I can give you what I use so you have something to start on.

CW3 Moreno

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Aviation Element
If you're want that feathery reaponsiveness, you might want to enable the advanced flight model. Lots of people don't like it, and it definitely adds a challenge, but it's worth it if you're willing to give up auto hover and suck at flying for a bit.
A. MORENO
CW3, AV
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry