Author Topic: Soto's Gun Camera Footage  (Read 14986 times)

Capt (Ret) Soto

• 11F3B Fighter Pilot
  • Retired
Re: Soto's Gun Camera Footage
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2017, 09:25:45 PM »
No doubt on the blood donations. ARC has me on speed dial every 8 weeks on the dot. It so happened my 8 weeks was up this time right after PR got smashed.  They really REALLY like my O+ even with the near toxic amounts of caffeine and alcohol I consume.  I know not all of us are in a position to help out monetarily. Donating blood costs nothing but a slight pinch and about 10 minutes of goofing off on your phone whilst enjoying the Reddit front page.

That being said, I've had an awesome response thus far from a ton on people via PM, email, Facebook, etc. The #CASforPR sortie is looking good so far.  I hadn't considered that so many of my facebook friends want to see me be a dork with all of you guys on a Sunday night.

My dad is heading back to Puerto Rico on Tuesday to keep up the work.  I'm planning my time down there in November.  Our connections in the automotive world mean we can get a van for a LOT cheaper than they'll be able to find at a lot. Considering so many vehicles down there were damaged in the storm, we'll likely be sending them a van straight from the mainland for a lot less than they can get in PR.

I never would have thought putting my faith in the generosity of the human spirit would generate such positive feedback. I'm looking forward to Sunday more than any other CAS mission I've flown.

Edit: 1st Lt Barba is an amazing digital artist:

« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 10:39:47 PM by Capt Soto »
R. SOTO
Capt, USAF
Retired

SFC (Ret) Lyon

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2017, 12:45:42 AM »
They really REALLY like my O+ even with the near toxic amounts of caffeine and alcohol I consume.

Pffft. All the cool kids are packin' O- these days.   ::)

Just to make u jelly my Platinum Donor Card gets me free tix to a Yankees game once a year.   ;D
R. LYON
SFC, USA
Retired

Capt (Ret) Soto

• 11F3B Fighter Pilot
  • Retired
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2017, 01:06:43 AM »
Just to make u jelly my Platinum Donor Card gets me free tix to a Yankees game once a year.   ;D

DAFUQ?!? All I get is cookies, juice, and a feeling of superiority. They've collected damn near 10 gallons of my blood!! Who do I write to get some Braves tickets? Best I've managed is a coupon to Cheeseburger Bobby's (which was excellent I might add).
R. SOTO
Capt, USAF
Retired

1LT (Ret) Garcia

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
    • Personnel File - Garcia, A.
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2017, 08:03:16 PM »
All I get is chips and cookies, I want some baseball tickets too haha. I donated 3 weeks ago so I can't go again for awhile.

I'll send some money to the charity. Are you keeping track of the total raised?
A. GARCIA
1LT, USA
Retired

Capt (Ret) Soto

• 11F3B Fighter Pilot
  • Retired
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2017, 12:38:50 AM »
Every penny will be accounted for. 1SG Brewer has helped me get my OBS and all the apps and plugins up and running so anyone can see exactly where we are. My hope is I can cover the shipping costs of a van to the island. As it turns out, they're REALLY heavy. You don't exactly print a shipping label with UPS/FEDEX/USPS and send it on its way :D .  We've worked out the logistics though as we're no strangers to sending cars to PR.  If you guys haven't added me yet on Facebook please find me . I've got a post up that you can share to help me out that little bit extra in getting the word out:

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.soto.2269/posts/10103900716110667

It's no secret that I'm a but chatty. It takes a lot to render me speechless. The responses I've received thus far have been beyond my wildest imagination. The constraints of language fail me as I'm without an adequate way to express my gratitude...and I haven't even flown yet.

Edit:  Yes.  I will be dressing for the occasion.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 01:05:01 AM by Capt Soto »
R. SOTO
Capt, USAF
Retired

Capt (Ret) Soto

• 11F3B Fighter Pilot
  • Retired
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2017, 06:21:49 PM »
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 07:06:35 PM by Capt Soto »
R. SOTO
Capt, USAF
Retired

1st Lt (Ret) Hardman

• 10C0 Operations Commander
  • Retired
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2017, 06:41:40 PM »
O. HARDMAN
1st Lt, USAF
Retired

Capt (Ret) Soto

• 11F3B Fighter Pilot
  • Retired
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2017, 08:05:12 PM »
ArmA 3 - 74th FS (506th) #CASforPR Operation: Crimson Moon 08-17 Task Force Bravo

<a href="//www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fHzABL0lSs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fHzABL0lSs</a>
R. SOTO
Capt, USAF
Retired

SSG (Ret) Barton

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2017, 07:48:14 PM »
I got cookies OR juice and a free T-shirt.  Still, happy to do my part!  Awesome work Capt Soto! Thoughts and prayers for Puerto Rico!
J. BARTON
SSG, USA
Retired

Capt (Ret) Soto

• 11F3B Fighter Pilot
  • Retired
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2017, 10:38:21 PM »
<a href="//www.youtube.com/watch?v=h48phCj3Sns" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h48phCj3Sns</a>
R. SOTO
Capt, USAF
Retired