Author Topic: a few questions  (Read 2725 times)

LarsonB0475

a few questions
« on: January 20, 2016, 06:18:21 PM »
hi

im new here and got a few questions

on teamspeak are there restrictions for the recruits

can i already play on the server or do i need to wait for osut

does it come in handy to know radio language ?

if i on a later time think that im more proficient in another role (medic, machinegunner, pilot)
where do i apply for this ?

Bingham

Re: a few questions
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 06:24:16 PM »
Hey Larson,

1: Yes and no depends on what your trying to do exactly. You cant join any official ops but you can do things such as the assault serve.

2: Follow question 1.

3: Yes but you will learn all that in OSUT or when you lay with us on the assault server. We are all super friendly.

4: You will have to go through a little bit of a process but once you Graduate OSUT you will be put on a 30 day.. i guess you can say probation period. Once that it is up you will request it through the appropriate forum.

Regards,

SSG (Ret) McAllister

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
Re: a few questions
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 06:55:23 PM »
To expand a bit more on what PFC Bingham said, there are but their aren't. It's probably a good idea to avoid barging into the command staff channels without permission as they're usually busy doing unit related things.  However there is no rule against you joining a team's or squad's channel.

To participate in official operations you need to have completed OSUT.  It's uncommon but it's possible to fill-in during an official training as a PV1.  It's entirely up to the person in charge of the training as to whether or not they are willing to allow a PV1 into the training.  Fun-ops however are generally (up to the host) open to everyone.  This is a great way to get the hang of things and meet some of the other guys in the unit.

One of the first things you will learn during OSUT is the different keywords used over the radio.  If you know some stuff that'll help but they teach you as if you knew nothing about radio communications in OSUT meaning if you have no experience it's the perfect place to start learning.  This is also true for other things such as formations and movements.  Don't worry about what you know as OSUT is all about getting recruits up to speed with the rest of the unit's procedures.

If you find yourself looking for a change you are more than welcome to request a change in billet.  There are a few restrictions as to how often you can transfer billets but besides that it's entirely possible to switch MOSs once you're in the unit.  You won't gain access to this area until you have completed OSUT but don't worry about feeling locked into a position as it is possible to switch later on if the desire comes.

Any other questions pop up feel free to ask away.  Me or someone else in the unit will be glad to answer them.

Welcome to the unit.
A. MCALLISTER
SSG, USA
Retired