Author Topic: iSpy - News from the Web - Clash of Berezhino  (Read 4728 times)

SSG (Ret) J. Hart

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
iSpy - News from the Web - Clash of Berezhino
« on: January 13, 2016, 05:23:42 PM »
Dateline – 13 January, 2016

The second massive conflict over the Cherarussian city of Berezhino has begun to be known as “The Clash of Berezhino.” This battle is the longest event of prolonged active fighting that Chernarus has seen in over a decade. Fighting commenced with a Russian attack on January 11, and since then there has been no reprieve for the troops on the ground. The fighting intensified into its third day, with no lulls in combat. The Chernarussian government has refused to release more information on the status of the engagement, however, we at iSpy News have, through a source who wishes to remain anonymous, received details on the fighting, as well as actual footage from the CDF's perspective.

<a href="//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfuy51bVi2o" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfuy51bVi2o</a>
Warning – The footage contains graphic images some viewers may find disturbing.

The Red Guard initially took the city with a lightning assault, originating from the north. The CDF mobilized quickly in response, beginning active combat operations that broke through into the city no later than dawn of January 12. Throughout the second day, the CDF fought through to the center of Berezhino where the fighting has been stalemated since the initial push. Our source indicated that, as of last evening, the Red Guard forces were dwindling and that the CDF is breaking though Red Guard lines.

Daniel Welch – iSpy News

*This news report is a fictional work to support the 506th ARMA gameplay
J. HART
SSG, USA
Retired

O'Dette

Re: iSpy - News from the Web - Clash of Berezhino
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 12:20:31 AM »
I gotta say, I really am bothered by the sudden resurgence of the RPLA. The majority of their command staff is dead, most of their fighters are either KIA or POWs, just about every single last armor and mechanized vehicle that they had has been destroyed...

Where are they getting the people for this? Or, more importantly, the money? A T-72 isn't cheap!

I've been saying it for a while, but I think the RPLA is a proxy for the Russians. That's how they're getting all the people and equipment. I wouldn't be surprised if someone doesn't stumble across a Spetznaz team operating as instructors/combat leaders for the RPLA a la the Green Berets.

LaPrade

Re: iSpy - News from the Web - Clash of Berezhino
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 09:48:52 AM »
I gotta say, I really am bothered by the sudden resurgence of the RPLA. The majority of their command staff is dead, most of their fighters are either KIA or POWs, just about every single last armor and mechanized vehicle that they had has been destroyed...

Where are they getting the people for this? Or, more importantly, the money? A T-72 isn't cheap!

I've been saying it for a while, but I think the RPLA is a proxy for the Russians. That's how they're getting all the people and equipment. I wouldn't be surprised if someone doesn't stumble across a Spetznaz team operating as instructors/combat leaders for the RPLA a la the Green Berets.

Even with proper leadership it seems unlikely that RPLA forces would be capable of acquiring this type of equipment on such short notice. It does seems highly likely that they have a geopolitical ally... or puppet master. Regardless, they are poised to cause some havoc in Chernarus and we in turn are poised to woop their asses.