Author Topic: 506th Pack 1.8 Update  (Read 5461 times)

CW2 (Ret) O'Neill

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Retired
506th Pack 1.8 Update
« on: January 03, 2016, 11:58:12 PM »
So I just finished deleting and updating all of my mods in accordance to the command announcement but I'm apparently still having some problem with the 506 pack being incompatible with the official servers? I deleted the .pbo files that were ordered deleted as well. Anyone have any suggestions?
K. O'NEILL
CW2, USA
Retired

Maple

Re: 506th Pack 1.8 Update
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 12:23:37 AM »
When you say incompatible what do you mean? Are you getting an error? Or were you removed from the server?

CW2 (Ret) O'Neill

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 03:02:01 AM »
I tried loading into the Official Server #1, type in the password, hit enter, it gives me a load screen for a moment and then moves me back to the server list. It doesn't say compatibility match or connection failure or anything, just moves me back to the list. I click on the server and in the bottom corner the red dot appears next to the 506th mod which means I have some type of compatibility error right?
K. O'NEILL
CW2, USA
Retired

Oakley

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 04:27:47 AM »
I tried loading into the Official Server #1, type in the password, hit enter, it gives me a load screen for a moment and then moves me back to the server list. It doesn't say compatibility match or connection failure or anything, just moves me back to the list. I click on the server and in the bottom corner the red dot appears next to the 506th mod which means I have some type of compatibility error right?

check if you have your mods activated. this happened to me after deleting the contents of the Dll folder because i was crashing with memory leak every time i log on to the server. go to your launcher and check if you are loading mods properly.

Maple

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 04:34:00 AM »
If you're being removed shortly after joining then you're either missing a mod, or running a mod you're not supposed to be that's causing a conflict error. The most common source is if you're running Isle Duala and the assault map pack at the same time. If you are, the assault mod pack shouldn't be run on official servers.

If that isn't your problem then could you post your modline?

McCanney

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 05:14:21 AM »
I am having a similar problem but mine is saying connection failed before it kicks me back to the server list. I checked my mod line and I believe everything is there but I have a red dot for a map (Isla Duala) and 1 other one  for the escalation pack  but both show in my mod list when I start the game. Have some work to do before class tonight!!

Hito

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 07:43:49 AM »
For Duala you should be running Panthera too, check if you're running it

akoch

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 08:43:17 AM »
Installing the All in Arma TP patch seems to have solved all issues for me. It's not on the mod list anymore, but can be found here: www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27829

Should also fix the aia_* errors you get when joining 506th servers.

CW2 (Ret) O'Neill

• Retired
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 05:18:08 PM »
Thanks to everyone that responded and to SGT Marsden who walked me through what .pbos I should have individually! I'm not entirely certain what changed between last night and today but I was successful in loading into Official Server #1. I had re-downloaded the 506 mod pack last night and removed the same .pbos again and it just worked this time. I believe I might have had some corrupted or incomplete files due to too many downloads running at once. I have not downloaded the new mod pack 1.81 but will start soon and check back in afterwards.
K. O'NEILL
CW2, USA
Retired

1LT (Ret) Marsden

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 12:03:22 AM »
Good to hear that you got everything working! :)
N. MARSDEN
1LT, USA
Retired

Pienaar

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 06:19:08 AM »
I had problems connecting as well until i discovered the AIA terrain pack pbo was actually corrupt , it cost me a re download of windows to 8 and to 10 , re download of all the mods except the AIA as its huge and a day of battling till i realized it was the AIA that was the issue all along