Author Topic: International Times - 11 November 15 - Assassination Attempt  (Read 6120 times)

SSG (Ret) J. Hart

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
International Times - 11 November 15 - Assassination Attempt
« on: November 11, 2015, 01:16:32 AM »
Back To Chernarus - Assassination Attempt

A CDF Instructor looks over his class

Dateline - 11 November, 2015

Since the wrapping up of the Chernarus Conflict several months ago, the re-organization and repair of the country has gone extremely well. British and Polish forces are actively assisting in the training and re-fitting of Chernarus local military, the CDF. Local engineers have been assisting British units in the reconstruction of damaged buildings and property. The Chernorussian government has also been re-established as a democracy with President Pavel Noskov at the head, and Vice President Viktor Yurenev.

Up until a week ago, these events went on without interference from the Red Guard who seemed to have been effectively pushed out of the country. On November 2nd however, there was an assassination attempt on President Noskov. While getting in his limo to go home from a long day of meetings, the President was shot in his left arm. His bodyguards scrambled into a protective formation, put him in the car, and quickly got him to a hospital for treatment. The shot allegedly came from a hilltop about 700 meters away from the Presidents car.

Vice President Yurenev (Left) and President Noskov (Right)

The Police in conjunction with the local military assets have been conducting a full investigation into the incident. Director Sedov of the Chernorussian Police Force said the following, "We have determined the sniper and would-be assassin was probably not acting alone. There have been hints of Red Guard Spec-Ops activity in the past, and this is just another example. In our search, we have also discovered photographic evidence of this activity. If you look at the barbecue picture from the International Times article dated August 28th, you can see hidden Red Guard soldiers underneath the central tree as well as the fence to the right of that."

This was especially shocking to us at the International Times, having taken the picture ourselves. It seems that there may be more to this story than initially meets the eye. We will keep you updated as it develops.

Alan White - International Times

*This news report is a fictional work to support the 506th ARMA gameplay
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 01:20:23 AM by SGT J. Hart »
J. HART
SSG, USA
Retired

O'Dette

Re: International Times - 11 November 15 - Assassination Attempt
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 12:25:34 PM »
Interesting... It seems that the Red Guard has managed to survive, but has switched over to guerrilla tactics.

The CDF, along with the British and Polish deployed to aid the reconstruction, should be able to manage the Red Guard.

I'm just curious who is running the Guard now, and why they're still trying to take over. They're a shadow of their former force, so unless they have a trump card up their sleeve, I doubt they're going to get much traction in either Chernarus or Podagorsk.

McGuire

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 09:41:40 AM »
...a long day of meetings
I try to tell my boss that meetings will be the death of me too!!!!

Great work as always news team, and great post from SGT J. Hart. Sounds like some fun missions are in order back in Chernarus  ;)

SPC Maines

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 11:21:56 AM »
We still had one of the RPLA or Red Guard Commanders still at large didnt we...? I feel like he is my guess as to who's been doing all this. As for the guerrilla tactics, its typical of a faction on its knees to resort to these tactics to try to survive.

If they still have any sort of support or base of operations somewhere else in the world, ill be glad to see it burn. Or explode, cause thats just who I am ;)
Z. MAINES
SPC, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

Heikinheimo

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 03:45:45 PM »
Didn't we kick their asses already?
-Everybody

O'Dette

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 05:33:11 PM »
Didn't we kick their asses already?
-Everybody

Well, as they say; "once more, with feeling!"

Neal

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 07:36:50 AM »
With the Commander briefing on the only target left with whereabouts unknown Mayór Gleb Zakharovich would be and should be suspect for involvement in this attempt.