Author Topic: Cheap Computers  (Read 7083 times)

O'Dette

Cheap Computers
« on: December 06, 2014, 12:48:19 PM »
Does anyone know of any cheap, Windows-OS computers that can run ArmA 3?

The price has to be as low as possible, maybe in a $500-1100 range if possible.

This does not include a monitor.

Lindsey

Re: Cheap Computers
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 03:01:22 PM »
I would highly suggest building your own, it would be much cheaper and you have the satisfaction of knowing that you play your creation every day. Plus it would be completely customizable and unique to you.

M. Williams

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 03:02:52 PM »
In my opinion, the way to go is building your own, and before you say you don't know how or something like that, I built my own with no experience and close to zero knowledge of computers with a $700 budget. Just find someone who knows computers and wants to help, have them pick your parts (with your supervision) and have them walk you through assembly. It's not hard at all.

SPC Maines

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 03:04:18 PM »
I could probably assist you in this. I had to build mine with zero knowledge and with 1k budget. Make it with 3 dollars to spare xD
Z. MAINES
SPC, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

O'Dette

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 03:05:07 PM »
I would highly suggest building your own, it would be much cheaper and you have the satisfaction of knowing that you play your creation every day. Plus it would be completely customizable and unique to you.

I don't even--

In my opinion, the way to go is building your own, and before you say you don't know how or something like that, I built my own with no experience and close to zero knowledge of computers with a $700 budget. Just find someone who knows computers and wants to help, have them pick your parts (with your supervision) and have them walk you through assembly. It's not hard at all.

That timing.

I guess I could ask a friend of mine for some help, but I'd need cash. I'm starting a job next semester, so I think I'll set aside maybe 50% of my paycheck or for the computer fund (the rest goes back into College) and just see if I can't manage to put together a PC by Sophomore year.

I could probably assist you in this. I had to build mine with zero knowledge and with 1k budget. Make it with 3 dollars to spare xD

Alright, cool. Hit me up with a PM, and maybe we could start figuring things out?

O'Dette

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 03:05:52 PM »
I also want to add that I have a computer capable of playing ArmA at home, but it's really meant for home use only. My brother uses it, so I'm not about to yank that from him for my sake.

Besides, I'll be up and gone with enough time; it'll be up to me to provide for my own PC.

Metzger

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 11:12:54 PM »
A good website to use when trying to build a custom computer is www.pcpartpicker.com.

A friend recommended this to me as a way to ensure all parts are compatible and you won't run into a problem with installing a CPU on an incompatible motherboard etc. If you want some help on general "what to look for" in computer parts I am more than willing to share my knowledge with you!

Carver

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 11:19:08 PM »
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227593
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227596

I would definitely try building one yourself... but those are some decent deals in case you decide not to
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 11:22:28 PM by PFC Carver »

O'Dette

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2014, 12:17:57 AM »
Thanks, guys.

It's gonna take a while before I have the cash to get any of these, but at least now I have options.

J. Treser

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 10:28:58 PM »
There is a wonderful website that teaches multiple things about building computers as well as shows computers in budget increments.

www.logicalincrements.com/

Tramble

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 10:22:58 AM »
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YWrRwP

this is what i have, all settings MAX i get ultra... i reccomend buying more ram.. atleast 1 8gb.. or buy a ssd

i can run any game ultra with a decent fps.. well almost anygames ;P the only thing i wouldnt buy from those is the monitor.. its a dvi only port.. so i had to buy myself a dvi-hdmi cable ..