Author Topic: Nice to be here!  (Read 4425 times)

Aukerman

Nice to be here!
« on: May 20, 2015, 07:18:28 PM »
Heya, folks. I'm Aukerman, or more recently, PV1 Aukerman of the 506th. Figured I should post an intro since...well...I'm bored and it just seems like something I ought to do.

As far as experience with tactical realism, I was in the 7th Cavalry regiment for a little over a year before departing and joining the 15th MEU for a brief stint. Unfortunately life happened and I needed to leave the unit. I then spent a bit of time in the 173rd, great group of fellas, just not my cup of tea, so to speak. I was tagless for a time and then ended up reconnecting with a good buddy of mine back from the cav, 2LT Maines. He told me about this group, I figured, hell, if someone can motivate Maines into wearing a butter-bar, I'm all for it. So here I am!

Back in the Cav I was infantry about 99% of my stint there, airborne infantry to be exact. Lead a fireteam, then a section, then a platoon. Loved it. Unfortunately various events lead to my departure. Bit about me outside of gaming, I'm 29 years old, born and raised in the mountains of Colorado before I moved here to South Dakota with my (then) fiancee. (Don't ask why...) Hobbies are tactical gaming, looking random stuff up online until I'm either an expert or lose interest, drawing, and reading.

Random fact: I love anything emergency medical-related. Got my EMT-basic cert back in Colorado because it's fascinating. Hope to run into you folks!

Regards,
Aukerman

SSG (Ret) Cast

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
Re: Nice to be here!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 07:24:37 PM »
Eww you know Maines? :P

Welcome, and good luck where ever you end up :)
L. CAST
SSG, USA
Retired

SPC Maines

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 08:14:28 PM »
Eww you know Maines? :P

Welcome, and good luck where ever you end up :)

The love is strong, I can sense it.  :P

Glad to have convinced you man! Too bad you couldnt help me blow stuff up!
Z. MAINES
SPC, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

SPC (Ret) Ciancio

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 05:59:06 AM »
Welcome. Ever read American Sniper? I just finished it.
B. CIANCIO
SPC, USA
Retired

1LT (Ret) Aston

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 06:37:16 AM »
Welcome!
J. ASTON
1LT, USA
Retired

1LT (Ret) Hart

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 07:14:35 AM »
Good to see a fellow ex 7th Cav member, looking forward to working with you again.
L. HART
1LT, USA
Retired

Aukerman

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 07:42:53 AM »
Hey, thanks for the warm welcome, gents. And no, I haven't read American Sniper yet, though it is on my "must read next" list. I'm currently working on the Game of Thrones series.

Slaughter

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 09:04:17 AM »
    Welcome Aukerman;

I myself grew up in Colorado. Red Mountain Pass area South of Montrose congrats on making the Unit!

RCT Slaughter

MAJ (Ret) Hayes

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 10:17:40 AM »
Welcome PV1 Aukerman, I hope you have a successful and enjoyable career here with us in the 506th IR RU.
P. HAYES
MAJ, USA
Retired