Author Topic: International Times Online 30APR15  (Read 6456 times)

1LT (Ret) Hart

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
International Times Online 30APR15
« on: April 30, 2015, 07:26:43 PM »

Following the reported RPLA successes against armed pro-government forces, new footage has emerged which shows a new side to the story.

We advise viewers to watch with discression as this footage is disturbing and some people may find it offensive.

<a href="//www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mMnakx3amA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mMnakx3amA</a>

Thomas Atkins - International Times - East European Branch

* This news report is a fictional work to support the 506th ARMA game play

** Video provided by the S-2 team: SGT Morris, CPL Cianfrano, CPL Rogers and CPL Nelson.
L. HART
1LT, USA
Retired

Barraco

• Eddie Barraco
Re: International Times Online 30APR15
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 08:19:08 PM »
yet another example of the brutality of the RPLA... with more and more coming out how long do we sit back and observe? do we need a formal deceleration for the white house to go in? just wondering? Who ultimately approves us going in?

(excellent post again 2LT Hart HOOHA)

O'Dette

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 01:03:50 AM »
yet another example of the brutality of the RPLA... with more and more coming out how long do we sit back and observe? do we need a formal deceleration for the white house to go in? just wondering? Who ultimately approves us going in?

(excellent post again 2LT Hart HOOHA)

I'm not entirely sure the official SOP for getting US forces involved. I believe the War Powers Act allows POTUS to use US Military Forces without a declaration of war in limited conflicts, but requires Congressional approval to really drop the hammer.

Given that the 506th has been working in conjunction of the UN, though, there might be a need to take this to New York to get an official UN sanction. That's a process I know nothing about, unfortunately.

Schram

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 01:48:59 AM »
I think we cross dangerous ground when we start trying to second guess policy.  It is our job to carry out the mission assigned to us by the National Command Authority, the Chief of Staff and in the regional theater commanders. Our entire system is designed to have civilian control over the armed forces; it's sacrosanct.
However, I completely understand your feelings. It makes me sick to watch what the RPLA is doing the same as you, but there are serious implications to consider. We don't want to get in a direct shooting war that could involve Russia and Poland without weighing all the factors.
Just my two cents.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 01:51:36 AM by PV2 Schram »

O'Dette

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 02:09:23 AM »
I think we cross dangerous ground when we start trying to second guess policy.  It is our job to carry out the mission assigned to us by the National Command Authority, the Chief of Staff and in the regional theater commanders. Our entire system is designed to have civilian control over the armed forces; it's sacrosanct.
However, I completely understand your feelings. It makes me sick to watch what the RPLA is doing the same as you, but there are serious implications to consider. We don't want to get in a direct shooting war that could involve Russia and Poland without weighing all the factors.
Just my two cents.

If Poland gets in a shooting war with Russia, the US will get involved anyways. NATO will jump in, and that means we'll jump in. But I don't think Russia will make a move to protect the RPLA should anyone get involved in Chernarus.

However, you are right. We wait for higher to give the green light.

P Drake

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 02:18:56 AM »
In the words of Edmund Burke:

"The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing."

Schram

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 12:23:18 PM »
     I had written earlier about my thoughts on the political situation in Chernarus.  To take them a step further I have to say I do think the US and NATO will do the right thing. George Orwell said,"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." I agree with that statement and I look forward to being one of those men. That being said, I can also tell you it will be tough going.

Before I joined the Army I spent many months exploring the hills of Chernarus from a campsite at the old Rog castle south of Msta. The countryside is beautiful but tough and it rains like the Pacific Northwest. I don't think I've ever seen as much rain and fog. I can't count the amount of times I hiked from the castle down to Topolka Dam or over to Kamyshovo to get supplies. I can say with certainty though that it never crossed my mind that one day I'd be trodding the same ground with a rifle company.

The ground may be tough but the soldiers walking across it will be much tougher and I can't think of any group of people I'd rather be there with. Currahee!

Moller

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 12:03:56 AM »
Am I the first to notice that we've already seen that footage, but from a different angle? This was the Rpla checkpoint vid from a few weeks back, where the guard had a gopro and shot the driver and the passengers! Why has this taken so long to come out?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 01:04:14 AM by PV2 Moller »

O'Dette

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 12:28:28 AM »
Am I the first to notice that we've already seen that footage, but from a different angle? This was the Roland checkpoint vid from a few weeks back, where the guard had a gopro and shot the driver and the passengers! Why has this taken so long to come out?

Yeah, I noticed that too when I saw it. Certainly does add a bit more perspective, but it doesn't look like he actually had a terribly good view-angle on what happened. But yeah, I wasn't hearing much in the way of returning-fire.