Author Topic: Front Page - International Times - 21 April 2015  (Read 7125 times)

1LT (Ret) Rogers

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
Front Page - International Times - 21 April 2015
« on: April 21, 2015, 04:04:14 PM »
Picture of Mogilevka only hours after rocket strike.

Dateline 21st of April 2015 0600

Recently there has been an attack on the peaceful town of Mogilevka. We have video and picture media that show the attack and aftermath of the rocket strike. We have sources telling us there the town housed some anti RPLA activists and we can assume the RPLA are trying to send a message to anyone who doesn't support them.

Up close shot of the town form a local resident.

<a href="//www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-nSLY4wGKQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-nSLY4wGKQ</a>

We have recently managed to interview the person behind the recording of the attack and this is what they have to say. We will not release the name of this individual for his own safety.

Reporter: Why were you recording at the moment of the attack?

Cameraman: I was recording due to seeing some of the flickering lights and thought something was going to happen so I started recording with my phone.

Reporter: Why is there a truck engine idling in the background?

Cameraman: I was on my way back to my home after a long day at work.

Reporter: Now some people are speculating that you are Pro RPLA and the reason you were recording from a safe distance is because you knew about the attack.

Cameraman: That is just absurd, I stated above that I was in that location due to coming home form work. Also, I was recording due to the flickering lights in the town.

Reporter: Sir you failed to say whether or not you are Pro RPLA, if you do not answer this question people will start to make assumptions.

Cameraman: I would prefer not to speak on this subject due to the risks of announcing what side you support.

Reporter: With all due respect we find it quite odd that you were pointing you camera at the sky and not the town at the time of the lights flickering. What do you have to say about this?

Cameraman: The interview is over. I am not going to stand here and take this kind of harassment, I lost family and friends in the attack anyone who thinks I was part of this is crazy.

We will keep you updated when this story develops more. That is all for this article from the International Times.

Tyler Phillips - International Times

* This news report is a fictional work to support the 506th ARMA game play
** Written by CPL Rogers
C. ROGERS
1LT, USA
Retired

O'Dette

Re: Front Page - International Times - 21 April 2015
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 04:07:56 PM »
Very curious indeed... Why was he looking to the skies at the start? His story smells fishy.

I get the sinking feeling that that wasn't a rocket strike...

Barraco

• Eddie Barraco
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 05:00:20 PM »
Either he is very lucky to have stopped just outside of range, or he knew what was happening. I would, however, love to get any type of confirmation about his statement here; "Cameraman: The interview is over... I lost family and friends in the attack anyone who thinks I was part of this is crazy." as this could answer some questions about which side he is actually on.

O'Dette

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 05:23:58 PM »
Either he is very lucky to have stopped just outside of range, or he knew what was happening. I would, however, love to get any type of confirmation about his statement here; "Cameraman: The interview is over... I lost family and friends in the attack anyone who thinks I was part of this is crazy." as this could answer some questions about which side he is actually on.

It's not that hard to invent dead family members. If people can do it to skip class in college, then an RPLA sympathizer doing some rather unusual work can certainly say he's "lost" someone to avoid being pegged.

Barraco

• Eddie Barraco
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 05:49:48 PM »
Yes, it could easily be faked, but we could also check with our trusted contacts in the area whether or not he actually had confirmed family and friends dead. I would need to see that confirmation to believe him.

1LT (Ret) Hart

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 06:41:37 PM »
The news coming out of Cherno right now is sketchy, we cannot confirm this even happened...
L. HART
1LT, USA
Retired

SGT (Ret) Falconer

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 07:08:01 PM »
Bleh, Rocket Artillery. No Finesse, just raw brutality.
R. FALCONER
SGT, USA
Retired

Barraco

• Eddie Barraco
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 07:36:50 PM »
The news coming out of Cherno right now is sketchy, we cannot confirm this even happened...

might just been a trap? or siring the pot? will be following close to see this unfold. Situation is getting worse by the week

O'Dette

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 10:50:21 PM »

I don't know how you fake a video image and the photos afterwards.

I'm just curious what the guy was doing. He was looking to the sky at the beginning, as if he was expecting to see something there.

Maple

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 12:20:35 AM »

I'm just curious what the guy was doing. He was looking to the sky at the beginning, as if he was expecting to see something there.

Chernarussian Photoshop/Adobe After Effects classes.

Barraco

• Eddie Barraco
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 12:30:19 AM »

Chernarussian Photoshop/Adobe After Effects classes.

good point, could just be stirring the pot!

1LT (Ret) Aston

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 09:01:48 AM »
I wonder, could we expect armed pro-RPLA civilians operating in Chernarus if/when the US decides to get involved?
J. ASTON
1LT, USA
Retired

1LT (Ret) Hart

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2015, 09:10:58 AM »
That is certainly a possibility, they're bound to have supporters.
L. HART
1LT, USA
Retired