Author Topic: WHich is more worth the money?  (Read 4490 times)

Tramble

WHich is more worth the money?
« on: April 19, 2015, 09:47:47 AM »
GTA V, or TESO

im a mmo fan, and gta fan.. i only got money for one =[

- TESO Questions,
. is it open world pvp? ( not GW2 style of open world, click a "channel" aka map for WvW )
. Grindfest game? i dont mind grinding, but is it one of them korean mmos where 1-10 takes 5hours?
. Is it heavy played? will i get to party with randoms in every level zones,dungeons?
. Pros, Cons?

-GTAV
. hows the multiplayer aspect? terms of gameplay
. how many players per game room/channel?

O'Dette

Re: WHich is more worth the money?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 11:20:35 AM »
TESO, in my opinion, is a flop. A lot of money for a fairly substandard game that really doesn't live up to the Elder Scrolls name.

GTA V, while it has its own problems, is cheaper, better designed, plays better, and there are more people here in the 506th that play it. You'll get more bang for your buck that way.

1LT (Ret) Aston

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 11:33:10 AM »
I purchased both in the last two weeks, and I am thoroughly enjoying both.

- TESO Questions
is it open world pvp? ( not GW2 style of open world, click a "channel" aka map for WvW )

The province of Cyrodil is the PvP area. I haven't traveled there yet so I don't exactly know how the PvP works, but unlike some MMO's, the province isn't solely PvP. There are still quests and activities to be done.

Grindfest game? i dont mind grinding, but is it one of them korean mmos where 1-10 takes 5hours?

Not as much as WoW for example. There is a grind aspect as with any MMO, but the game still manages to stay fun. What I have found is that the game is very combat orientated, which is great because the combat is the best thing about the game, as it is so dynamic. The majority of other skills revolve around crafting, which can be leveled up by making items and deconstructing gear using items and gear that you'll find in dungeons and from completing quests, which involves combat.

Is it heavy played? will i get to party with randoms in every level zones,dungeons?

You shouldn't have an issue with lack of players. There are many guilds to join and players to quest with. But unfortunately there are only a handful of people in the 506th that play it regularly.

Pros, Cons?

Pro's - Great combat engine, easily the best thing about the game. Interesting quests, lore and story that'll keep you hooked. Amazing visuals.
Con's - you won't find many players in the 506th playing it, and you'll have to join an ESO community/guild for more activity.

GTAV

hows the multiplayer aspect? terms of gameplay

Fun, fun, fun. You'll find a lot of people playing GTA in the 506th right now. Heists are interesting to play with a group, and there are so many repeatable missions to keep you going for a long while. Not to mention the fact that the modding community will be all over this game.

how many players per game room/channel?

30 for free mode. Avg 2-6 for missions and I think up to 16 for races, death matches and other modes. 4 player heists.

Personal Recommendation:

Get GTAV while its hot. Everyone is playing it in the 506th right now. You'll have no trouble finding people to play with. You can get ESO anytime, and it's pretty cheap if you buy it from websites such as G2A, but there's no rush to get involved in MMO's and Zenimax will be making more and more content over time.
J. ASTON
1LT, USA
Retired

1LT (Ret) Aston

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 11:38:38 AM »
TESO, in my opinion, is a flop. A lot of money for a fairly substandard game that really doesn't live up to the Elder Scrolls name.

TESO, although carrying the Elder Scrolls brand name, was never intended to be similar to other Elder Scrolls titles. Sure, it uses the same universe, lore and ideas, but it's a separate entity in itself, made by different developers and is a completely different game.
J. ASTON
1LT, USA
Retired

SPC (Ret) Ciancio

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 02:16:22 PM »
Ive been having TONS of fun on GTAV
B. CIANCIO
SPC, USA
Retired

SPC (Ret) Burton

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 11:23:42 PM »
The streets of Los Santos is where you'll find me...........
L. BURTON
SPC, USA
Retired

W. Young

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 10:01:25 AM »
I haven't actually played TESO myself but I haven't heard anything good or bad about it.

GTA V on the other hand I love. The gameplay is pretty solid and I've yet to come across any game breaking bugs (although load times are a pain in the ass). You'll usually have around 20-30 players in free roam, 4 during heists and around 10-16 during adversarial matches (death matches, races, etc.).

Barraco

• Eddie Barraco
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 06:28:09 PM »
Ive logged a lot of hours in GTAV since its launch way back on console, well worth it! Ive played TESO as well, definitely not as much and I didnt care for it really... and if you get TESO expecting the usual Elder Scrolls game, your gonna be disappointed.