Author Topic: The Periscope - Social Media News and Reaction - 9 April 2015  (Read 5759 times)

1LT (Ret) Hart

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
The little known nation of Chernarus has been in the social media spotlight recently due to the increasing amount of violence in the region. Months ago, the neighboring region of Podagorsk experienced a civil-war in which international peace keeping forces were needed to assist in the conclusion of the small conflict. However, as Podagorsk burned, Chernarus was ignored. Today we highlight key issues in Chernarus from the people who are there right now.

@TarkovitzD1 highlights an important question, why has little or nothing been done in Chernarus as opposed to Podagorsk? What will it take for this nation to be noticed and for something to be done? Or is something already being done? In response to reports of mysterious armed individuals operating in Chernarus yesterday, speculation is rife as to who these are.

This was picked up on by @Believe. While we are unsure as to where this account is based, and whether the picture is legitimate or not, @Believe does stoke the fire as to whether the international community is already involved, albeit, without actually being involved.

Because after all, it is the people like @RSTOYA and @Chenko who live there who are the ones that constantly live in fear of what the next day or night brings. Although, there is one group which seems to become ever more defiant, the RPLA. The unverified @Defiant account appears to be the unofficial social media account of the infamous RPLA.

This stark, and blunt message certainly is aimed at the 12 missing US service personnel who went missing during the Podagorsk campaign. With social media being a free speech and opinion based means of interaction, however damaging this quote is, the sad matter of fact is that these words are ready to see by all on the internet, even more dangerous is the fact that the @Defiant account has over 250,000 followers.

For more social media news, stay tuned.

Hal Morris - The Periscope

* This news report is a fictional work to support the 506th ARMA game play

** The tweets are fictional work to support the 506th ARMA game play
L. HART
1LT, USA
Retired

SPC Maines

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
Re: The Periscope - Social Media News and Reaction - 9 April 2015
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 11:23:55 AM »
I keep reading these news reports over and over again and it's just a thing of beauty what you guys are doing! Keep it up Hart, and all the guys in the shop!
Z. MAINES
SPC, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

1LT (Ret) Hart

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 12:38:42 PM »
We have a lot of creative people in the right place, I think it shows, thank you Maines it means a lot!
L. HART
1LT, USA
Retired

Moller

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 12:52:34 PM »
These news reports are truly amazing work! I can only hope I complete OSUT and basic training in time, because there will be hell to pay and I intend to help bear the bad news to the RPLA's doorstep!

E. Ray

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 03:14:49 PM »
I keep reading these news reports over and over again and it's just a thing of beauty what you guys are doing! Keep it up Hart, and all the guys in the shop!

Took the words right out of my mouth. These news reports really enhance the experience. They're really well done, especially in light of real world events.

SGT (Ret) Falconer

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 11:33:27 AM »
Tick tock RPLA. Tick... tock.
R. FALCONER
SGT, USA
Retired

Barraco

• Eddie Barraco
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 04:06:39 PM »
These posts are beyond enjoyable to read and follow. Major props to all the men that work on these in the news room. The level of time and effort being being done here at the 506th makes me proud to be a part of it. [Salute]

1LT (Ret) Hart

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 06:48:32 PM »
S-2 public affairs does this for you guys and your enjoyment. We really appreciate the feedback, we will certainly keep producing these as long as you guys read them!
L. HART
1LT, USA
Retired