Author Topic: Front Page - International Times - March 23 2015  (Read 5314 times)

1st Lt (Ret) Morris

• 11F3B Fighter pilot
  • Retired
Front Page - International Times - March 23 2015
« on: March 23, 2015, 07:24:23 PM »
"RPLA are finished in Podagorsk." -Major Samual Brown UK Commander

Dateline - March 23, 2015 IGT - Bolshevik, Podagors

Celebration broke out in the refugee camps around Podagorsk at 0627 local time. Officials reported that RPLA have been defeated and pushed out of the Podagorsk region. The civilian population is beginning to leave the camps and flock into the streets for a victory celebration. Flares are being thrown into the streets . When asked why flares are being thrown, Sasha Krokov replied, "It's like a second independence day. There's so much hope for us in the future! Now that the fighting is over, life can go back the way it was." Unfortunately, this isn't the case for local sheep farmer Illa Andreiko. With the look of agony in his face, "I've lost every thing. I've lost my home. I've lost all of my livestock. I've lost my two sons. The Red Guard tortured them in my barn then killed them as if they were dogs ." He begins to sob. "I have nothing."

Illa Andreiko looking over the destruction the conflict has caused

While most of the population is in a festive mood, there is still some underlying tension between pro-Separatist supporters and pro-NATO civilians. Across the region, some pro-Separatist shops have been looted and vandalized. French troops have been mobilized to keep order among the population.

American forces are starting to withdraw back to Air Base Anvil and hand over ground operations to members of the 1st Battalion Duke of Lancaster's Regiment who are part of the 4th Mechanized Brigade (The Black Rats), supported by 21 Engineer Regiment, Royal Engineers boom of the UK who is being commanded by Major Samual Brown. "While the majority of  RPLA withdrew across the boarder, our patrols are still finding pockets of enemies. Majority of them are surrendering when they see our troops. There is the rare occasion that our lads  come across fanatical troops of the Red Guard. Those bastards refuse to surrender and fight till the last man."  Members of the 21st Engineers Regiment have been working around the clock to shore up defenses on the border. "Our engineers have been taking indirect RPG and sniper fire from across the border, but I believe the RPLA are finished in Podagorsk." said Major Samual Brown.

British solider from the 1st Battalion Duke of Lancaster's Regiment scanning his sector after a firefight with the Red Guard 

While the fighting is coming to a end, a UN spokes person told the media that Podagorsk isn't out of the woods yet. "There still is a humanitarian crisis in Podagorsk. Majority of the region is with out power, clean running water, and horrible living conditions." Within the next few days the airport will be open to disaster relief organizations.

Ryan Willkins - International Times - East European Branch

* This news report is a fictional work to support the 506th ARMA game play
T. MORRIS
1st Lt, USAF
Retired

O'Dette

Re: Front Page - International Times - March 23 2015
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 08:26:21 PM »
Good to see the UKF hit the front!

Tally-ho!

1LT (Ret) Hart

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
Re: Front Page - International Times - March 23 2015
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 08:30:13 PM »
Good to see my local regiment in action, do us proud Kingsmen.
L. HART
1LT, USA
Retired