Author Topic: 506th Repositroy  (Read 4918 times)

Dekker

506th Repositroy
« on: March 23, 2015, 12:28:18 AM »
I have searched and searched to the point of falling asleep at my computer, but I cannot find the url to connect to the 506th repository using ArmA3Sync.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

G. E. Miller

Re: 506th Repositroy
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 04:59:33 AM »
Repository system was taken down due to the fact that many had problems with it.

Dekker

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 08:57:19 AM »
Thanks Miller

Rattler

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 12:03:19 AM »
So its not being updated anymore??
Been using it since I started here and have had no problems.

SGT (Ret) Falconer

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 08:29:37 AM »
WHAT! The repository was the best thing ever. Just because people don't know how to use it doesn't mean there is something wrong with it.
R. FALCONER
SGT, USA
Retired

G. E. Miller

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 03:27:30 PM »
For those that allready have it. I will still update it as allways, so no need to worry :)

Rattler

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 02:17:34 AM »
Thanks PVC Miller.
If it's just a problem with the recruits  or non members why not just move the info to the armory section so it can't be accessed by everyone?

Unless there's been other problems.

G. E. Miller

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 04:31:05 AM »
I can make a post about it there. But i have to post something like: Use at your own risk. Cause there are some people that has problems with All in ArmA terrain pack. No problem on server, so the only thing that i can see beeing the problem, is that the user stops/pause the download and starts it up again, a corrupt file is been created and then people starts complaining about the system.

If you have some sort of problem with a mod using the repository...simple solution: Delete mod from mod-archive and download the mod again from repository (without any pausing).

CPT (Ret) Whitby

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 05:09:18 AM »
I will say this as a warning, we had a rather large amount of issues with the repository with mod mismatches and errors, if you use the repository and it happens you will be removed from an operation and you won't be allowed back until it's fixed. I can't stop you all from using it. But it's an extreme USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. There are posts all over command announcements regarding mods and the punishments that come with not having them installed correctly.

I can only recommend that now is the best time to learn to install mods manually.
J. WHITBY
CPT, USA
Retired

Biggers

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 03:59:57 AM »
When I first started with the 506th the mods were giving me a hell of a time and the repository was a life saver for me. I couldn't get the ctab folder to work for the life of me and it was simply fixed by the repository.

SPC Maines

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 01:19:18 PM »
Everyone's experience with downloading mods is different, using the repository or otherwise. This was already discussed en masse before, when the topic of "requiring" the usage was up front. I'm sure the message 1LT Whitby stated is the same. If it works, great, you have your mods and you won't get kicked out. I can speak for many when I say that if someone needs help with their mods, be prepared to be referred to downloading them without the repository, as more often than not, the issue the Lieutenant stated was the issue.
Z. MAINES
SPC, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry