Author Topic: J.Soren 101st MilSim Mods  (Read 5478 times)

J. Soren

J.Soren 101st MilSim Mods
« on: March 05, 2023, 05:51:08 PM »
Hey folks,

I wanted to share an exciting project I've started to learn how to mod Reforger and improve my skills in order to better support our unit. I'm posting this as a fellow unit member, not as an official representative from S-4. So far, I've been really enjoying the process of learning about Reforger, and I've decided to take on a long-term project with it. Although I don't have much experience in modding, I'm quickly picking it up.

I'll be using this thread to post mod descriptions, updates, and planning because I've noticed that information can sometimes get cut off in the workshop description. When I publish mods to the Reforger Workshop, I'll make sure to link this post for easy access.

I want to clarify that this is NOT an official 506th modpack. It's more of a personal learning tool for me to develop future mods and to allow users to run/build their own Game Master co-op missions or fun-ops. If any other 506th members are interested in learning how to mod Reforger, supporting this modpack, or contributing in any way, feel free to PM me. While I may not know everything, there are plenty of resources available for us to learn from, and working together will make the process even easier.

If you enjoy using these mods, I would appreciate it if you could give them a like on the workshop. I also welcome any feedback, comments, or suggestions you may have. For that, I kindly ask you to reach out to me via email at j.soren506th@gmail.com, on Discord at J.Soren#5042, or through private messages on the forums.

Current Modpack List:

Title: 101st MilSim Factions
GUID: 5D87562A889DABAD
Version: 1.0.6

Title: 101st MilSim Backpacks
GUID: 5D8CE39686D2EBE0
Version: 1.0.5

Title: 101st MilSim Vests
GUID: 5D8703D48BC43A46
Version: 1.0.6

Title: 101st MilSim Clothing
GUID: 5D894A588E64861D
Version: 1.0.3

Title: 101st MilSim Headgear
GUID: 5D8942DE8ECC9AA3
Version: 1.0.1

Title: 101st MilSim Vehicles
GUID: 5CD2FD98834C4154
Version: 1.0.7

Title: 101st MilSim Weapons
GUID: 5D8E3D7987C74DAF
Version: 1.0.0

ModPack Details and Recent Changes:
Player loadouts have been added to the US Faction for Rifleman, Grenadier, AutoRifleman, Team Leader, Medic, and Squad Leader. At the loadout screen, players have the option to select any of those roles with ranks appropriate for that billet. Upon load-in, those loadouts will have the ammunition and weapons required for that role, so players do not have to worry about saving loadouts or re-arming if they respawn. AI characters with OCP camo and correct loadouts have been added to the US Faction and are available in the game master's options.

All wearable items (backpacks, vests, pants, and jackets) now have assigned items for the initial loadout. This allows players to change out their items for different roles without having to rebuild their loadouts from scratch and click multiple times to add bandages. For example, if a player selects a rifleman loadout but wants to switch to a grenadier, all they have to do is change their rifle and grab the grenadier backpack. It will contain all the items they need for that role.

Tan versions of the M151A2 (jeep), M923A1 (transport truck), and M1025 (Humvee) have been added to the US Faction. The green versions of these vehicles have been duplicated. The transport trucks and Humvees have had ammo, bandages, launchers, and throwables added to their initial inventory for resupplying. The Humvees with M2 have had 10 boxes of AP ammo added to their inventory for weapon reloading. All of these vehicles are available in game master as placeable entities with 101st MilSim emblems for easy identification.

40mm ground marker smokes have been added to the US Arsenal and Grenadier loadouts.
Recent Version Changes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Next Steps:

- Working on creating new weapon, attachment, and uniform models.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 03:20:40 PM by CPL Soren »

1LT (Ret) Oliveira

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
Re: J.Soren 101st MilSim Mods
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 06:50:45 PM »
I was on Reforger this morning and saw your pack had no clue it was you very cool keep up the good work
J. OLIVEIRA
1LT, IN
Retired

J. Soren

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2023, 01:15:36 PM »
101st MilSim Uniforms v1.2.2 published to workshop and I updated project status and milestones.
Uniforms v1.2.2 testing complete
Test results: Server tests show that mod works well with no clipping and all arsenal items are in correct order with descriptions. It has been found that some workshop mods cause conflict and arsenal issues. More testing is needed to make a list of mods that cause issues and if load order can fix it. If you send me a bug report, please include your servers mod list, the suspected mod causing the issue, as well as the server's mod load order. I will look into it and try to find a fix. Otherwise, moving on to the next stage.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 02:42:13 PM by CPL Soren »

J. Soren

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2023, 01:08:35 AM »
*** Updated Milestone and Supporting Material ***

v0.0.0 101st Vehicle Mod
(Not yet published to workshop)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 01:10:33 AM by CPL Soren »

J. Soren

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2023, 02:27:47 AM »
***Update: Removed Uniforms mod. Added clothing, headgear, and vests mods. Published Vehicles and Faction mods.***

The last large update broke the uniforms mod, so I have split it up into several smaller mods. I have made good progress on learning how to structure mods and organize the config files. I now have a server (J_Soren1717 MilSim Server) and have successfully tested the current mods. 506th members are welcome to test it out or use the server as I continue to develop the mods.

J. Soren

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2023, 08:29:22 PM »
**Update**

- Updated mod version numbers
- Added 101st MilSim Weapons to the modpack

First ModPack Video Update
<a href="//www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UY0XX14BNA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UY0XX14BNA</a>

How to use the UGL in Reforger
<a href="//www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCMQ-aICDWE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCMQ-aICDWE</a>
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 08:31:23 PM by CPL Soren »

SFC Burns

• 11C Indirect Fire Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2023, 12:39:18 PM »
How to even get these?
B. BURNS
SFC, USA
Indirect Fire Infantryman, 1-506 Infantry

J. Soren

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2023, 05:58:33 PM »
They are unlisted. With the new update I need to go through and check for anything that might have been messed up. To get them you just log onto my server. Which is down at this moment. I will get it back up and start working on it again next week.

SFC Burns

• 11C Indirect Fire Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2023, 11:06:36 PM »
Sweet, let me know when its running, ill pop on and play
B. BURNS
SFC, USA
Indirect Fire Infantryman, 1-506 Infantry