Author Topic: Frame Drops in Server  (Read 5275 times)

J Schmidt

Frame Drops in Server
« on: February 28, 2022, 01:03:02 PM »
Hello All!

First of all just wanted to same thanks to this community for all the newbie help i have received, y'all are awesome.

I am noticing that I suffer huge frame drops in the official server (in particular Odin's Watch events). Sometimes as low as 10-15.

I don't have this issue in the Public Server as much but it has happened.

Settings:

Draw distance 1500 on everything
Nvidia Geforce Experience Optimized (Ultra everything basically)

Hardware:

3080ti
i9-10900
m.2 SSD
32gb ram

If there are any secrets with the settings that will help, or really just any advice in general to avoid these frame drops it is very much appreciated. Thank you!!!

PV2 J. Schmidt

SGT E. Smith

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
Re: Frame Drops in Server
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 03:58:46 PM »
Most of the time with our Operations there is a lot of stuff loaded in like the enemy, roadblocks, bases etc.. on top of that you have 55 to 65 of us with aircraft and others vics so the frames always tend to be a lot lower than you would have on say the campaign or something like that.

Generally for the ops i would just recommend not running at Ultra, yes your PC might be able to run it but with all the extra stuff on top it certainly wont help your frames at least from my pov. Hope this helps however I'm sure more technical PC wizards might give you more in depth explanations.
E. SMITH
SGT, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

CW3 (Ret) Hauk

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 06:40:13 PM »
Private,

The best advice I would give is to search in YouTube itself "Optimize ArmA 3" and you will see quite a few very recent videos on improving FPS.  Just watch a few of those or all of them and pick and choose from them the things that look like they would help with your setup.  With ArmA though because of it's unique engine and the way mods interact and server based settings there is not just a one , two or even three settings that is going to guarantee an increase in your systems FPS.  So watch the videos and do a little trial and error.

Regards
N. HAUK
CW3, AV
Retired

Capt (Ret) Clay

• 11F3B Fighter Pilot
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 06:43:56 PM »
I would also check your ace view distance settings to make sure they are correct as well. Ace view distance loves to override basic view settings.
D. CLAY
Capt, USAF
Retired

1st Lt (Ret) Hardman

• 10C0 Operations Commander
  • Retired
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2022, 10:03:28 PM »
Ultra is definitely part of the culprit here.

As CW3 (Ret) Hauk points out, there are a lot of resources out there that will guide you through optimisation.
Sometimes the way Arma settings relate to FPS isn't immediately obvious, so pull from a few resources and see what works for you.

You'll also need to understand that Arma isn't a game you should expect to have 100FPS or Ultra settings in.
If you can enjoy a steady 30FPS on high-to-very high settings, you're probably doing better than most people here.
O. HARDMAN
1st Lt, USAF
Retired

J Schmidt

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2022, 10:43:09 PM »
Roger that guys thanks for the advice headed to youtube right now