Author Topic: Need help with an error when trying to connect to public server  (Read 3414 times)

SPC (Ret) Feehan

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
I did all our required updates both to the official servers and also to get my public server files up to date. No issues with official I was able to connect and am not seeing any errors. However, when I switched my profile to my preset for public the game tries to launch (click play button and then after a pause it launches to a full black screen) and crashes with an error "Include file z\acex\addons\sitting\script_component.hpp not found". Then Arma dumps a crash report file which I have captured along with a screen capture of the error dialog.

Things I have done to try and solve this include searching the files for that folder and file. Wiping and downloading the files again for public. General internet search for clues. So far, I am not coming up with any useful information.

Thank you.

R. FEEHAN
SPC, USA
Retired

SFC (Ret) J. Morris

• 11B4O Infantryman
  • Retired
Re: Need help with an error when trying to connect to public server
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 10:04:20 AM »
Make sure everything that should be enabled for the preset remains enabled. After the updates, one or more may have become disabled.

Disregard the above, I have done some of my own testing and it appears there might be some sort of conflict/issue between the latest 506th ACE mod pack and the Public Server Pack - I've submitted a bug report.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 01:39:48 PM by SSG J. Morris »
J. MORRIS
SFC, USA
Retired

SPC (Ret) Feehan

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
Re: Need help with an error when trying to connect to public server
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 03:10:18 PM »
Roger that SSG Morris. Thanks for looking into it.
R. FEEHAN
SPC, USA
Retired