Author Topic: 506th Mods first run tests for recruits?  (Read 4455 times)

Sharkey

506th Mods first run tests for recruits?
« on: February 19, 2015, 10:00:05 PM »
I just recently got my mods downloaded (connecting to EU for all that data from the US West Coast took a while even with good internet connection).

Anyhow, I wanted to go through and test all the mods out and make sure that I have everything working properly before I sign up for and enter into a recruit training course. I read in another thread that is part of the point of recruit training, however, in the class threads it also says: "MAKE SURE YOU'VE DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED THE REQUIRED MODS BEFORE SIGNING UP OR JOINING THE TRAINING.
IF YOUR MODS ARE NOT WORKING CORRECTLY WHEN WE GET TO THE IN-GAME PORTION, YOU WILL HAVE TO RESCHEDULE FOR ANOTHER CLASS."
as well as "**NOTICE**
If you do not have your required mods ready to go when the class starts, you will be asked to attend another time. This is meant to speed up classes and not make people wait for those who haven not taken the time to check their mods prior to class. I should be in the classroom channel 15 minutes to a half hour before the class starts to help anyone with problems."

So I just wanted to be sure that I'm doing things right. They were all installed with the Arma3Sync 506th Repository and I think it's working, but having never used a great deal of these particular mods, I really couldn't tell you.

In the mean time I'll search for youtube vids and pdf instructions. Maybe that will teach me something.

Thanks in advance,

RCT Sharkey

SGT (Ret) Padgett

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
Re: 506th Mods first run tests for recruits?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 03:43:25 AM »
If you start up your Arma 3 with Armasync, you will see a bunch of addons in the configure section of the main menu of Arma 3. If all the mods are there then this is a good sign. From here go to multi-player and click the filter and type "506" and click "ok". then join one of the official servers. And if you are able to join you are good, if you get a "not connected to Task Force Areo-head" then you need to load your Team speak Plug ins. Get with some one on team speak to give you the password to enter the official servers. I'm on all the time send me a TS PM.
C. PADGETT
SGT, USA
Retired

SSG (Ret) Kang

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 08:46:10 AM »
As long as you have the 6 mandatory mod (CBA, TFAR, 506th, RHSUSF, RHSARFR, and All-in-Arma-Terrain) and have the two maps mods (SMD_A3 & Podagorsk) you wont be wasting a second at Recruit training when the instructor(s) speaks about the 506th. My Day One (for 30mins) was checking up on the condition of the mods and making sure people joined in.

Just like PV2 Padgett said, make sure your TFAR plugin are in correctly and checked in TS3 correctly. Do it manually; I think Arma3Sync does it automatically with repository, but just to be sure, check it manually in your folder and TS3 options.

Other than those 8 mods, you shouldn't have anything else in a collection to launch ARMA 3 for the 506th, unless told otherwise by your instructor or higher ups.

Continue on hard RCT Sharkey!
K. KANG
SSG, USA
Retired

Sharkey

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 01:39:51 PM »
Thank you very much, that helps. I do have all the mods listed as working. I had one crash yesterday when I first started and jumped into the editor and previewed the map. I have not had it crash since. I'm also using two computers, one at work as well as one at home.

I've started to read up on the mods and trying to learn what they all do. It's pretty interesting how much muscle memory plays into being able to get things done quickly, and correctly. I loaded it up and the agm mod changes key bindings and does all sorts of stuff. I was not able to operate very well in game. I'm sure I'll figure out what needs to be used before long and have my key bindings figured out soon enough.

Thanks again.

RCT Sharkey