Author Topic: Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick Issues  (Read 2333 times)

J. Crandell

Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick Issues
« on: February 22, 2021, 11:46:54 PM »
All,

I am having trouble with my aircraft auto-starting when pressing buttons on my joystick without moving the throttle up or selecting engine start. Also, accessing ACE menus while flying is causing me to lose all collective/power and cyclic function as if the joystick has been disconnected. Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated as this issue is driving me nuts.

Very Respectfully,

WOC Crandell

1LT (Ret) Mallory

• 15A Aviation Officer
  • Retired
Re: Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 12:09:50 PM »
I would start with a default control scheme for your respective flight stick. If no such scheme exists, you'll have to manually go through and assign your keys- typically by way of guidance via any of the current qualified rotary folks in the unit, so you know what to make sure you set or unbind correctly.

In regards to working the problem of the thrust input zeroing during flight, 1st Lt. Avery addressed a similar issue here- this is likely a scheme issue tied to your throttle input, though hopefully one of the 74th FS flyboys can address that more accurately.

Last: Engage your Section Lead & other aviators in your flight about troubleshooting issues- they are going to have the most current info to assist you to set up correctly so you can train efficiently & effectively. 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 12:13:42 PM by 1LT Lang »
J. MALLORY
1LT, AV
Retired

J. Crandell

Re: Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick Issues
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 07:47:54 PM »
1LT Lang,

Thank you for the reply and I will try the recommendation in the post you referenced.

Very Respectfully,

WOC Crandell