Author Topic: Insert holy shit moment here  (Read 3983 times)

Williams

Insert holy shit moment here
« on: February 12, 2015, 02:32:40 AM »
Remember that one time in sandy butthole of arma 3 when the RPG streaked by your head and you filled the bastard's chest cavity with half a belt of 249 while exclaiming to your squad mates the literal size of your war boner?

I want to hear your stories

<3
RCT J. Williams
"Ghostbear"

Williams

Re: Insert holy shit moment here
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 02:33:38 AM »
I'm also very bored at work and TS hates my phone.

O'Dette

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 05:53:30 PM »
I remember during one of the 15th's COIN ops on Altis [and one of the first operations in ArmA III], a chopper had gone down, and my fire team had been sent to rescue the pilots.

We were in a stand-up, knock-down, drag-out fight against insurgents for at least twenty minutes. I was on the .50cal on the Humvee we drove in until it ran out of ammo, and then I fought with my rifle until the rest of the squad relieved us.

Probably one of the most intense firefights I've ever had in A3, and I racked up more kills in that shootout then I did in my entire MilSim career prior.

1LT (Ret) Bernal

• 60A Operational Medicine
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 11:15:11 PM »
This one time back in the 15th during one of the first A3 FTXs, we had just taken a hill in the NE coast of Altis. Resistance was strong, but we managed to get a little bit of a lull period going. I was making my rounds between various fire teams and support units and I came across a tourist area, just a bench looking at the ocean. I was looking around and out the corner of my eye I saw some movement about 700-800 meters out. It turns out it was some dude with an RPG, and I thought to myself "who is close enough for him to target?" Meanwhile my Squad leader is behind me trying to move a humvee with a broken wheel. A second later I see an RPG fly 2 feet past my head and into the windshield on my SL's humvee, which is now disabled and on fire. Moments later my SL jumps out and walks up to me saying "I think I got an owwie."

Fin
R. BERNAL
1LT, USA
Retired