Author Topic: The World - International Times - February 10, 2015  (Read 6646 times)

MAJ (Ret) Hayes

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
The World - International Times - February 10, 2015
« on: February 10, 2015, 07:55:21 PM »

Dateline - February 10, 2015 IGT - Paris, France

On February 9th, 2015 the French Minister of Defense confirmed that a French Fighter Pilot was shot down over the eastern coast of Podagorsk while conducting a reconnaissance flight in support of the NATO led Operation Red Anvil. The Pilot has since been identified as Capitaine Jacques Pierre, a 10 year veteran of the French Air Force.

NATO spokeswoman Mary Addlebridge confirmed the downing of the french plane and stated they had positive communications with Capitaine Pierre leading them to believe he was able to safely eject and land behind enemy lines near Protvino, Podagorsk. Mrs. Addlebridge would not confirm or deny that Capitaine Pierre had been captured by the RPLA (Russian Peoples Liberation Army), but she did say that communication with the downed pilot had abruptly ended 2 hours after he was shot down.

NATO and French authorities stated they would not speculate on the fate of Capitaine Pierre but they did emphatically state there would be no limit to the responsive action NATO would take to recover the pilot if he had fallen into enemy hands. Anonymously, one senior government officer in Paris did say that there was a considerable amount of concern for the fate of Capitaine Pierre as the Ultra-Violent RPLA faction known as the "Red Gaurd" had been operating near the Podagorskan coastal city of Protvino.

White House Spokesman J. Blarmey made the following statement this afternoon. "The full force of the United States Military currently stationed in the Black Sea and Operating in Podagorsk in support of Operation Red Anvil will be made available to NATO to assist in any rescue required for Capitaine Pierre. We will treat his shoot down the same way we would treat one of our own."

Carl Kolchack - International Times - Eastern European Branch

* This is a fictional news article in support of the 506th IR RU game play
P. HAYES
MAJ, USA
Retired

1LT (Ret) Hart

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
Re: The World - International Times - February 10, 2015
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 09:17:46 AM »
And the plot thickens!
L. HART
1LT, USA
Retired

Abee

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 11:21:32 AM »
I hope I get selected for this unit. Things like this right here are what makes the 506th THE place to be. Excellent job on all the headlines.

O'Dette

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 11:39:16 AM »
I love these. Looks like all hell is about break loose.

Well written as always, makes me feel like as if this was really happening. Can't wait to be making the news rather than reading them someday.

Kupfer

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 03:16:18 PM »
"Capitaine Jacques Pierre"
I don't think that could be any more French.

SPC (Ret) Potvin

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
    • Personnel File - Potvin E.
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 04:35:54 PM »
"Capitaine Jacques Pierre"
I don't think that could be any more French.

wrong, Jean-Jacques Pierre  ;D
E. POTVIN
SPC, USA
Retired

Kupfer

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 04:50:48 PM »
Ah, yes. So silly of me.

C. Smith

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2015, 11:54:17 AM »
Well you know We did our best :P