Author Topic: Mission Making  (Read 3641 times)

Luce

Mission Making
« on: November 06, 2019, 09:33:27 PM »
When making fun ops and stuff. Do you guys feel its better to jump in and make it or premake a template and load it?

1st Lt (Ret) Hardman

• 10C0 Operations Commander
  • Retired
Re: Mission Making
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 10:03:18 PM »
Do you mean build in eden vs build in zeus? Or use a mission template/framework?
O. HARDMAN
1st Lt, USAF
Retired

Luce

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 10:22:41 PM »
Build in EDEN

1st Lt (Ret) Hardman

• 10C0 Operations Commander
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 10:39:39 PM »
Building in Eden will give you substantially more control over the placement of fixed objects such as buildings, h-barriers, sandbags etc. Our modpack includes Eden Enhanced which makes it crazy fast to build compounds etc with perfectly straight walls etc. Building something in Eden which is AI-heavy is a lost art these days, as it doesn't run simulation in real-time, it's hard to know for sure how the AI will react in any given situation, let alone making that AI react to players.

I generally build the basic structure of the mission in Eden, with all AI going down in Zeus.

While I don't have  heaps of Eden content (because most of what I build is S-4 classified), but you can find some of my Eden stuff on my Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLI-_oDhaV6vxTxf9p8iZ8rH9ch-V6JnUc

What you'll see is that some of what is very quick to do in Eden would be a pure nightmare in Zeus.
O. HARDMAN
1st Lt, USAF
Retired

SPC (Ret) Cira

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 09:45:14 AM »
Ive been playing with Eden building this week as a hobby. Is there a way to add a full arsenal and add in quick compounds?

I found its taking me a good hour or two just to place hesco barriers and when Im done Ive ended up placing them all wonky so they look out of shape and not on line.
S. CIRA
SPC, USA
Retired

1LT Margiotta

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Combat Element
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2019, 10:11:53 AM »
Copy and pasting is your friend. There are pre-made compounds but without being in game I cant tell you exactly where in Eden. Also, if your Hescos arent sitting right, try changing their elevation and make sure they are actually sitting on the ground.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 10:15:36 AM by 1LT Margiotta »
A. MARGIOTTA
1LT, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

SPC (Ret) Cira

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2019, 10:54:20 AM »
I think the problem I'm running into is the ground isnt flat where I want to place a long row along an airstrip or fence line and everything starts getting off angles.

Is there a tool or something I should be using to make sure everything lines up perfectly in a straight line?
S. CIRA
SPC, USA
Retired

K. Santos

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2019, 12:04:14 PM »
What I do as far as alignment goes is I'll find something like an airstrip or a line on a street, or even the side of a building and use it as a straight edge. Line up my objects, then copy and paste them in the instance of, like, walls or sandbags and such. Then copy and paste more to get an even line. Move the copied objects as a group and align. As far as ground height and such, if you uncheck these two objects you can place an object flat to the world and raise and lower without the snap-to command making it tilt.