Author Topic: INSCOM Intelligence Report 19JULY2018 - Sahrani situation resolved  (Read 3232 times)

1LT (Ret) Garcia

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
    • Personnel File - Garcia, A.
CONFIDENTIAL//REL TO USA

DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE

DEFENSE PENTAGON, WASHINGTON, DC
19 JULY 2018

MEMORANDUM FOR 1-506 IR, 2601 Indiana Ave, Fort Campbell, KY, United States 42223-0000
               Delta Company, 5th Battalion, 101st Aviation Regiment, 2601 Indiana Ave, Fort Campbell, KY, United States 42223-0000
               74th Squadron Detachment, 23rd Wing, 4343 George Street, Moody AFB, GA, United States 31699-0000

SUBJECT: (C) THE KINGDOM OF SAHRANI

SITUATION: (C) UPRISING AND RIOTS RESOLVED

ANALYST COMMENT: (C) After a swift but conclusive crackdown, police with military support have suppressed local riots and regional unrest in the Northern territories of the Kingdom of Sahrani. Rioters dispersed upon meeting with riot control police and military units. Tear gas, LRAD's, concussion grenades, and rubber bullets were used with effect to clear the streets of all major population centers. No government forces were killed but many were injured in the intense action in several larger towns where rioters were more stubborn in holding their claims to the city centers and government buildings. Numerous arrests have been made and multiple Sahrani citizens are confirmed dead due to a variety of causes having to due with the police and military action. The government is claiming a complete and total success has been achieved.

Sahrani government sources stated that they had been expecting an armed uprising to source from Northern reserve units, but the units that were called to service followed their orders and no conflict arose between Northern and Southern-sourced army units and police departments. Also stated was that no lethal means were used to deal with the rioters, but that many were killed by indirect action such as smoke inhalation, blunt force trauma from thrown objects from rioters behind peaceful protestors landing short, and multiple occasions of stampeding and being run over by panicked police or civilian vehicles. Other claims on social media speak of police brutality during the crackdown and subsequent manhunts are responsible for dozens more deaths, however there is no evidence to confirm "dozens" of deaths. Hospitals and churches on the island are inundated with minor injuries, with most suffering from tear gas, pepper spray, and rubber bullet strikes.

Charges were officially filed against the arrested MP's and snap elections are being scheduled to be held to replace them as the parliament is set to reconvene to discuss further actions in regards to the discipline of other MP's and government officials who had defied government authority in the crisis of the past days. Military units are being recalled to their barracks and armories and so far only police vehicles are openly visible as travel is still restricted in the unruly north. Military units are still officially on standby, but so far no further unrest is predicted. The situation was deemed well-in-hand by the Queen who had ordered the successful crackdown.

S-2 Intelligence analysis concludes the situation has resolved and will likely not result in further military actions.

Classified By: S-2 Intelligence Command
Reason: 1.4(b)
Declassify On: 20280719

END REPORT

CONFIDENTIAL//REL TO USA

These published documents are the fictional works of the S-2 Intelligence Team of the 506th IR Realism Unit
A. GARCIA
1LT, USA
Retired

SFC (Ret) Lyon

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
Re: INSCOM Intelligence Report 19JULY2018 - Sahrani situation resolved
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 11:36:48 AM »
Does me being a little sad that this was resolved peacefully without our help make me a bad person?  :-[
R. LYON
SFC, USA
Retired

SGT (Ret) Van Haarlem

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 12:33:20 PM »
Does me being a little sad that this was resolved peacefully without our help make me a bad person?  :-[

I feel the pain  :'(
I. VAN HAARLEM
SGT, USA
Retired

CW2 (Ret) O'Neill

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 03:03:40 PM »
I didn't want to go to Sahrani anyway, I hear it sucks this time of year.
K. O'NEILL
CW2, USA
Retired

2nd Lt Leib

• 11F3B Fighter Pilot
  • Aviation Element
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 12:35:29 PM »

We were robbed of a chance to deliver democracy and freedom by belt-fed weapons and anti-armor rockets.
C. LEIB
2nd Lt, USAF
A-10 Qualified Pilot, 23rd Wing\74th Det