Author Topic: Work has forced me to go AFK for a few weeks. How should I proceed?  (Read 2282 times)

Sampaio

Hi everyone, I'm still a newbie here at 506 and I hope I'm posting this on the right forum?
I really enjoyed the first training and I did a couple of squad trainings, however, I missed OSUT day 1 and since then I've been surprisingly busy during the last couple of weeks due to professional reasons (early meetings the next day). I can forsee the next two months being very busy for me as work increases during the summer.

How should I proceed?
I will still try to join squad trainings and even start and finish OSUT if I can... but to be honest I'm not sure when given my unpredictable schedule during this time of year.

Should I request to be put in absentee status during this time or will this mean that I will be expelled due to not finishing OSUT in time?
I really love what I've seen so far from 506 and I would really like to continue with you guys, but I'm not sure how to proceed.

Thank you and best regards,
PV1 Sampaio

SSG Salvatore

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
Re: Work has forced me to go AFK for a few weeks. How should I proceed?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 10:37:32 PM »
I would suggest sending a PM towards one of the OSUT assistant instructors, they can assist you further about this.
G. SALVATORE
SSG, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

1st Lt (Ret) Hardman

• 10C0 Operations Commander
  • Retired
Re: Work has forced me to go AFK for a few weeks. How should I proceed?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 10:39:28 PM »
Glad you're enjoying things so far.

For future reference, these kind of issues can usually be addressed directly through your CoC.

AIT normally needs to be completed within 45 days, and you can get an extra 45 days if you request (and get approved for) an extension through your CoC.

Remember that you don't technically need to complete all 4 days with the same class in the same cycle, you just need to complete them in order.

I would advise that your first option should be to consult your CoC and attempt to complete within 90 days.
O. HARDMAN
1st Lt, USAF
Retired