Author Topic: [SOLVED] Loadouts not loading (greyed-out)  (Read 3722 times)

SFC (Ret) Lyon

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
[SOLVED] Loadouts not loading (greyed-out)
« on: April 13, 2018, 09:55:06 PM »
Experienced a rare BSOD system crash while testing the new MAAWS tubes on the Havoc 2 #2 Server and when I logged back in *all* my loadouts were gone.

I figure they're just gone for good but thought I'd ask anyway if anybody has any suggestions for retrieving them.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 11:34:18 AM by SGT Lyon »
R. LYON
SFC, USA
Retired

1st Lt Bateman

• 11F3B Fighter Pilot
  • Aviation Element
Re: All loadouts gone after BSOD
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 10:03:17 PM »
I lost mine after a PC crash as well, though it wasnt on arma. I never got them back either, youll likely need to remake them
M. BATEMAN
1st Lt, USAF
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

SFC (Ret) Lyon

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 10:35:03 PM »
As I'm rebuilding all my loadouts can I just pause a second to vent about what a complete shitsnack ARMA is when when it comes to loadouts? How in the actual fuck is it possible that a loadout I built and saved 30 seconds ago is now greyed-out and unloadable?

I'm not doing anything stupid like saving with Vectors or a radio, and the loadout was loadable 20 seconds ago when I tested it to make sure the save worked (knowing what a shitsnack ARMA is when it comes to loadouts).

It's a complete fucking mystery and crapshoot as to whether any loadout will actually work on any server on any given day.

What the actual fuck ARMA?  You're such a dick.  >:(
R. LYON
SFC, USA
Retired

1LT (Ret) Garcia

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
    • Personnel File - Garcia, A.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 10:41:05 PM »
I've found two workarounds with the grayed out issue. Try double clicking on the loadout first as this will usually load it. Secondly if I can't get a loadout to work like that it usually means I have too many saved - Arma seems to have a limit to them.
A. GARCIA
1LT, USA
Retired

SFC (Ret) Lyon

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 11:06:23 PM »
Yah I know that greyed-out doesn't always mean unloadable - this is infuriating.

I kit out with nothing but uniform, vest, backpack, helmet, M4 (with Optic, Laser & Flash suppressor), MicroDAGR, map, compass and watch and save it as "Empty Loadout".

Then I Clear Loadout and try to load the (now greyed-out) Empty Loadout and...nothing.

Too many loadouts is not a problem as I have NONE due to the BSOD.

Fuck you ARMA.  >:(
R. LYON
SFC, USA
Retired

MSgt Minatozaki

• 1Z371 Tactical Air Control Party
  • Combat Element
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 11:07:46 PM »
Sorry to hear about that :( I believe that the BSOD may have corrupted your saved arsenal files, so you might be SOL.

For future though (and I recommend this to eeveryone) I suggest you make a copy of your profile from your "My Documents/Arma 3" folder somewhere else so that in case something like that happens you'll have a backup of your arma/mod settings & keybinds, loadouts and whatnot. Backing it up every few weeks or so will make sure it's updated and ready in case you need it.
L. MINATOZAKI
MSgt, USAF

SFC (Ret) Lyon

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 11:08:25 PM »
I'll try Verifying Files in case I'm corrupted.
R. LYON
SFC, USA
Retired

CPT Bowman

• 15A Aviation Officer
  • Aviation Element
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 11:16:19 PM »
Once your files are verified, make sure you use the official server to build your base loadouts. I had a similar issue after some drivers went rotten on me, and had to use official server to build loadouts before I had luck doing it elsewhere...

It does somewhat make me consider that new members of the unit build their first on the official server as well and it seems to work that way. I could be way off here but it worked for me.
A. BOWMAN
CPT, AV

SFC (Ret) Lyon

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 11:18:40 PM »
Verifying found no problems and the official server allowed me to load *one* of my newly-created loadouts. Only difference I can see between the loadable one and the ones that won't load is the compass (loadable one does not have a compass).

I'll try rebuilding all on the official server now. FFS.
R. LYON
SFC, USA
Retired

SFC (Ret) Lyon

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 11:33:42 AM »
SOLVED (for me anyway):

The mag that's in the M4 when you first pick it up is not actually the same as the ones that are in our Arsenal box.  My fix was to pick up an M4 out of the Arsenal, remove the magazine that's in it, drop it, then save the loadout.
R. LYON
SFC, USA
Retired