Author Topic: A few subjects  (Read 2114 times)

M. Boone

A few subjects
« on: May 22, 2017, 11:24:56 PM »
Hello

I have a few questions and have searched the forum, but I haven't found answers.

1. I've read a couple places to talk to someone on teamspeak to get help, but I'm not sure what room to go to or what's acceptable as far as contacting people. Is there a certain room? How would I go about getting help on teamspeak?

2. I have an error where the 506 servers aren't recognizing my ACE mod. When I join, I can get on the unofficial liberation server, but it says "[ACE] Version mismatch: detected missing addon on server"

I tried deleting it with all its files, re-downloaded it from my welcome message, and reinstalled, to no avail.

I read some others had similar problems, but they all received messages with specific files that needed to be added or deleted. I don't have any information leading to specific files.

Is there a way to find out more specifically what is happening with my ACE mod?

3. Everytime I start teamspeak, my nickname reverts to RCT even though I change it to PV1. Is that normal?

Thanks for your time.

CPT Blair

• 15A Aviation Officer
  • Aviation Element
Re: A few subjects
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 11:36:02 PM »
PV1 Boone,
I can help with some of those items:
1. Pretty much anyone is willing to help you with mod issues. I've had my fair share of those and everyone was extremely helpful. For entering rooms in TS just send a PM on TS to the channel owner asking to join their room, most have no problems, it's the courteous thing to do. I recommend speaking with your recruit instructor as they are your immediate chain of command for the time being.
2. I'm not really qualified to help you here, but I made a mistake when I was applying the hotfix. I would extract the files as opposed to just opening the compressed folder and drag the files where they need to be.
3. Your name keeps changing because you need to edit your bookmark with your new rank.

I'm on TS under D Co if you want to talk on TS.

V/r
WOC Blair
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 11:44:05 PM by WOC Blair »
D. BLAIR
CPT, AV
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

1LT (Ret) Garcia

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
    • Personnel File - Garcia, A.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 11:46:48 PM »
Don't worry about what the liberation server says, it's not set up with official templates. To be sure you'll need to join the official server, or one of the training servers running a proper template.
A. GARCIA
1LT, USA
Retired

M. Boone

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 01:09:59 PM »
Thank you for your help. I was able to get help in TS and found out that the problem I'm having with ACE doesn't affect my ability to participate. Plus, I was able to get the nickname sorted out.