Author Topic: Monitor Suggestions  (Read 4160 times)

SGT (Ret) C. Wright

• 11C Indirect Fire Infantryman
  • Retired
Monitor Suggestions
« on: January 19, 2017, 11:33:39 AM »
So at Christmas time I built a nice new computer and now it is time for the peripherals to get upgraded. I am looking to spend $100-200ish on a decent monitor. I have to option of HDMI or Display port. If you have had good luck with a monitor please let me know, prefer 24in due to desk arrangement. Thank you all.
C. WRIGHT
SGT, USA
Retired

K. Gaudet

Re: Monitor Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 12:01:17 PM »
I personally have two of these: http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX51885

The default colour settings are pretty pale, but you can mess with them yourself or find a colour profile on the internet.

CPT Hammersmain

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Combat Element
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 12:08:42 PM »
What sort of CPU/GPU you running?  If it can support 4k, then I'd say hold off so you can get a 4k monitor and utilize the new hardware to its fullest potential.     

More and more 4k options will be coming into that price range sooner than we think.  You can get a 4k monitor for $300 already -- a year ago that wasn't possible.  With 4k quickly becoming "the new standard," manufacturers are going to make products that meet this market demand within your current price range.  It's just not quite there yet, but will be soon -- hence my recommendation to wait and save up for a few months.   
R. HAMMERSMAIN
CPT, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

SGT (Ret) C. Wright

• 11C Indirect Fire Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 12:55:51 PM »
Current setup not including peripherals. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gvfrtJ
What sort of CPU/GPU you running?  If it can support 4k, then I'd say hold off so you can get a 4k monitor and utilize the new hardware to its fullest potential.     

More and more 4k options will be coming into that price range sooner than we think.  You can get a 4k monitor for $300 already -- a year ago that wasn't possible.  With 4k quickly becoming "the new standard," manufacturers are going to make products that meet this market demand within your current price range.  It's just not quite there yet, but will be soon -- hence my recommendation to wait and save up for a few months.   
C. WRIGHT
SGT, USA
Retired

CPT Hammersmain

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Combat Element
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 01:01:52 PM »
Current setup not including peripherals. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gvfrtJ

Ok yeah -- not a problem at all running 4k.  My recommendation stands.  As I see it, if you're going to put money into a new monitor you might as well get something that upgrades the resolution and will be handled properly by your hardware.   
R. HAMMERSMAIN
CPT, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry