Author Topic: Buying Arma in the future, after building a new PC  (Read 2236 times)

Steve Rogers

Buying Arma in the future, after building a new PC
« on: July 30, 2016, 04:11:07 PM »
Good day, I do not have Arma 3 yet. My current rig is unable to run it, thought the game would just require a better GPU, but after some research I found out the game isn't optimized and it draws heavily from your HDD/SSD and CPU. So, until I can build a better rig I won't be able to join a clan, which will hopefully be around thanks giving or spring when sales on parts are up.

Now that the explanation is done with, my simple question really is just, in your opinion what makes you different than other groups? Or maybe every milsim aspires for the same exact feel? Team play, immersion/roleplay?

After 2 days of searching 4 main mil sim groups pop up. RG (Realism Gaming), 506th, 173rd and 77th JSOC.

The reason I ask, is due to the fact after searching for groups I've come upon tac realism groups and mil sim groups. The former don't tend to be successful from what limited information I've been able to find, the latter are. I imagine this is due to basic organization. I'm interested in being part of a team, do I care for role playing, no, but military protocol is not strange to me.

Thank you for your replies before hand, and have a nice day.

PS: do you allow for third person?

Cheers

« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 04:26:41 PM by Steve Rogers »

SGT (Ret) Reilly

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
Re: Buying Arma in the future, after building a new PC
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 05:05:20 PM »

Do you allow for third person?

Yes

Now that the explanation is done with, my simple question really is just, in your opinion what makes you different than other groups? Or maybe every milsim aspires for the same exact feel? Team play, immersion/roleplay?

I joined about a month ago, and I was thinking the same exact thing. "Which unit is for me?" In the beginning when I joined up with the 506th, the main reason was because of a youtuber. Constantly watched his videos, and thought if I want to join a unit might as well join his. But what I love about the 506th is, the atmosphere, I remember I had just completed recruit training, and I was in channels talking with people who were way above my rank, (LT's) to be exact. The camaraderie, is amazing, and that transfers over to the real deal when we play OPS. You can literally talk to anyone, and I've never heard someone talk badly about another person. The greatest group of guys by far. Not only are we a milisim group but we are a community, I think that is what makes us different. On the immersion and roleplay, its the best, we have very talented people here who role play in creditably. Every scenario is one that could potential happen i.e. (Rouge nation that is sluaghtering civilians to quelling rebellions) everything we sim has potential to happen in real-life
S. REILLY
SGT, USA
Retired

Steve Rogers

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 08:32:08 PM »
Thank you very much for your reply. I've searched some mil sim grops and they are out of my time zone.

Some don't allow third person for "realistic" reasons, which is a bummer.

Another question. Do you happen to know how many members are active? Not the "highest" it has ever been. But on average you got XY on a given weekend?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 09:05:09 PM by Steve Rogers »

SGT (Ret) Reilly

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 11:18:34 PM »
Thank you very much for your reply. I've searched some mil sim grops and they are out of my time zone.

Some don't allow third person for "realistic" reasons, which is a bummer.

Another question. Do you happen to know how many members are active? Not the "highest" it has ever been. But on average you got XY on a given weekend?
Timezone is : EST, which should be standard  for many US based units . Depends on times, typically during primetime hours 20-30 I dont have the numbers on hand. Ops which are on Sundays you'll see around double without a doubt around 40-60.  But keep in mind, everyday the number grow more and more.
S. REILLY
SGT, USA
Retired