Author Topic: Grunt Talk - Issue 1 Volume 10  (Read 4438 times)

MAJ (Ret) Hayes

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
Grunt Talk - Issue 1 Volume 10
« on: December 12, 2014, 05:47:10 PM »
Feruz Abad - Takistan

Th 506th Infantry Regiments 1st Battalion has been training here in sun-soaked Takistan for several months. The unit is scheduled to rotate state-side in less than a week and you can sense the eagerness to get home to friends and family in the air. One more major challenge lies before the unit before it's much anticipated return though. FTX 01-14 for Task Force Delta. Just days before the Air Assault Troopers of the 506th rotate back they will be engaging in a full scale combined arms operation with Takistani National Army to demonstrate readiness and tactical proficiency. Grunt talk was able to meet with the Platoon Leader of Spartan 1, when asked about his platoon's readiness and whether he was nervous, 2LT O'Keefe had this to say.

"Nervous? I couldn't be more confident. This weekend is a culmination of many weeks of hard work. Our exercises with the Takistan National Army have been extremely productive thus far, but I know the men are looking forward to putting their training to the test alongside the supporting assets who have also been training for this combined-arms training operation. Everyone is eager to show what they're capable of, so as far as myself and the men are concerned, Sunday can't come soon enough." 2LT O'Keefe, Spartan 1 Platoon Leader.

Well, there you have it, whether it's day 1 of a deployment or day 200, the 506th seems always ready to meet the challenge.
P. HAYES
MAJ, USA
Retired