Author Topic: Assault Sever Issue  (Read 5978 times)

SGT LaFave

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
Assault Sever Issue
« on: June 03, 2016, 12:31:45 PM »
Everytime I join the server it works fine until i'm loading in. I get this error https://gyazo.com/e39e8f4acb31a02802d4ca05c8aad4f0

I've restarted steam and got all the downloads and verified my cache multiple times. I'm not sure why it is just up and crashing. Does anyone know a fix so I can play again?

Thanks.
J. LaFave
SGT, USA
Infantryman, 1-506 Infantry

B. Anderson

Re: Assault Sever Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 12:39:00 PM »
I'd try going into your RPT flie and find what's creating the issue. I could be an array of different things that is causing this. I've had the problem befor and I just uninstalled my mods and reinstalled them and it fixed it but if you don't want to go through that I'd again recommend looking through your RPT file. And if worst comes to worse you could reinstall Arma as well that usually fixes most problems.

SGT LaFave

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 12:47:06 PM »
I looked through my RPT file and I couldn't fine really anything that is causing it... Usually its just a mod messing something up. I can join the Official servers fine its just something with the Assault server that is messing with me. I'm probably since this new update recently.
J. LaFave
SGT, USA

Bingham

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 02:16:29 PM »
Did you delete your DLL files. Every time I get that issue I try that method. If you don't know what I'm talking about let me know.

SSG (Ret) McKelvie

• 11C Indirect Fire Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 02:25:41 PM »
Navigate to your Arma 3 MP cache, Users >> profilename >> appdata >> Local >> >> Arma 3 >> MPMissionsCache.  Delete all the files in that folder or just the enemy assault files.  That may fix the issue.  As there may be a corrupt file in there.
M. MCKELVIE
SSG, USA
Retired

R. F. Nelson

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 03:38:05 PM »
The issue is 99.99% your malloc files. Arma has its own set (for some reason) of memory allocation that it tries to use, which account for nearly all random crashes, as their allocation methods suck. The default Windows uses is perfectly fine. To get rid of these pain-is-the-ass files, go to your Arma installation, and find the DLL folder. Within, you'll find five (5) malloc files, and a readme.txt file. Delete everything BUT the readme, and relaunch Arma. Enjoy happy-no-crash-time.

Side note: you'll have to re-delete these malloc files every time Arma updates, or rolls back, or anything.

SSG (Ret) McAllister

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 09:52:38 AM »
The issue is 99.99% your malloc files. Arma has its own set (for some reason) of memory allocation that it tries to use, which account for nearly all random crashes, as their allocation methods suck. The default Windows uses is perfectly fine. To get rid of these pain-is-the-ass files, go to your Arma installation, and find the DLL folder. Within, you'll find five (5) malloc files, and a readme.txt file. Delete everything BUT the readme, and relaunch Arma. Enjoy happy-no-crash-time.

Side note: you'll have to re-delete these malloc files every time Arma updates, or rolls back, or anything.

You can also specify which malloc you want to use using launch parameters.  Setting it to system should fix the issues as that is the default one that your operating system uses and the one Arma uses when it can't find any in the DLL folder.  The added bonus with this is that you won't have to delete the files as the game will simply use your built in system malloc even when the DLL files exist since you specified which one to use.
A. MCALLISTER
SSG, USA
Retired

SGT LaFave

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 07:44:53 PM »
Alright I just deleted all the DLL files again and I tried to delete all MP missions I'll try and see if it works.
J. LaFave
SGT, USA

SGT LaFave

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 07:52:34 PM »
Thanks everyone for the help I can now join the server.
J. LaFave
SGT, USA