Author Topic: Worth joining?  (Read 2217 times)

Bioscientist

Worth joining?
« on: May 30, 2016, 06:19:24 AM »
Hey I'm new here, just registered and wanted to ask a few questions about joining.

1. I'm not American, I'm an Israeli citizen of east European origin who served in the army in Israel, can I still join?

2. I am studying in a university and working so I can't promise I can participate in every event there's going to be, definitely not during exams. I will however participate whenever I have free time and can participate.

3. My Zeus isn't working and no matter what I try I cannot fix it, will it be a problem?

4. Is the warfare simulated is on a squad-platoon level or more on a small team level?

5. I've seen that you have many former military members. Do you have to be former military in order to join and if yes what's the level of training required? ( basic infantry training, basic infantry training+4 months of advanced infantry training, guerrilla\anti guerrilla warfare training, urban warfare training)?

Thanks

akoch

Re: Worth joining?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 06:42:32 AM »
1. I'm not American, I'm an Israeli citizen of east European origin who served in the army in Israel, can I still join?

Not a problem. I'm Norwegian and they allow citizens from any country into the unit.

2. I am studying in a university and working so I can't promise I can participate in every event there's going to be, definitely not during exams. I will however participate whenever I have free time and can participate.

I can't answer this one well - I'll leave it to someone else!

3. My Zeus isn't working and no matter what I try I cannot fix it, will it be a problem?

That shouldn't be a problem, but we may be able to help you fix it. Post about it in the duty desk when/if you have access and we'll try our best!

4. Is the warfare simulated is on a squad-platoon level or more on a small team level?

We usually have a Platoon + attached assets in our operations and major trainings / FTX's etc - with attachments such as Bradley IFV's, A-10s and a helicopter section. Usually we're about 60+ people on a server, I believe?

5. I've seen that you have many former military members. Do you have to be former military in order to join and if yes what's the level of training required? ( basic infantry training, basic infantry training+4 months of advanced infantry training, guerrilla\anti guerrilla warfare training, urban warfare training)?

No need for previous military experience - we have a lot of former military, but also a lot of people who haven't been in the military at all. I'm a part of the last category, but I received the training I needed through realism units such as this one.

In all honesty, I think it's a fun unit. It's a nice experience, lovely community and great gameplay. I recommend giving it a try and seeing if you like it -- there's some videos in our News section that you could watch, too. If you have more questions, feel free to ask and we'll try to answer the best we can.

Keep in mind someone else should be able to help answer question 2, so just wait on that one. =)

Waller

Re: Worth joining?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 07:54:50 AM »
2nd Lt Koch you are the real MVP.

As for question 2:

You can request an LOA (Leave of Absence) up to two weeks (ideal for finals). That will automatically excuse you from all official events.
Lastly we have a 3 strike policy: If you miss 3 official events (trainings, operations) in a row with no excuse, you will be put into reserves.
If you know you can't make a training or operation: inform your CoC (Chain of Command) 24hours prior of the event. If they feel you're missing to much they'll address it and will try to find a solution together with you.

I'm a student in Europe myself and haven't had any issues with attendance - then again I'm completely crazy and barely sleep 3-4h a day so there's that ;D.