Author Topic: Armed Forces News Service - 12DEC14  (Read 6030 times)

MAJ (Ret) Hayes

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
Armed Forces News Service - 12DEC14
« on: December 12, 2014, 09:03:02 AM »
Feruz Abad - Takistan

The 1st Battalion, 506th IR continues its readiness and reaction training in the allied nation of Takistan throughout the month of December. The famed Air Assault Regimental Unit was deployed to the former Soviet satellite nation in November to bolster Takistani Army training and to build cooperation between the US and the deeply troubled middle eastern nation.

CPT Hayes , the Battalions newly installed Commander had nothing but praise for the 506th and its readiness training - "We have one more major training evolution and then we are headed home for Holiday leave and liberty. I couldn't be prouder of these troopers and the supporting assets that have assisted us in our training deployment. I'm looking forward to making a lot of families happy by getting these boys home in time for Christmas."

P. HAYES
MAJ, USA
Retired

Hummel

Re: Armed Forces News Service - 12DEC14
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 12:02:39 PM »
Wow, I love these news services, keep them coming! :)
It would be cool if each semester, year, etc we had some kind of overall campaign and these news services came to address a coherent timeline. Something like "tours of duty".

MAJ (Ret) Hayes

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 12:07:03 PM »
PV1 Hummel, we will have persistent story-line deployments, and our S-2 sections will continue to produce fictional news and media to support those story lines.  ;)
P. HAYES
MAJ, USA
Retired

G. Bell

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 03:04:43 PM »
I only felt it would be right for an AFN news, to have a commercial along with it that is very........."informative!"  Enjoy and be vigilant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=connRUHZ8r4