Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Erzikistan - US Embassy under siege  (Read 5244 times)

Waller

BREAKING NEWS: Erzikistan - US Embassy under siege
« on: May 07, 2016, 01:38:33 PM »
Since apparently constructive comments get deleted/censored. I've decided to censor my articles aswell.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 04:16:10 AM by Waller »

Rigger

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Erzikistan - US Embassy under siege
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 01:44:45 PM »
Can someone explain to my brain how the timeline works for all this "News" vs Operations? I was under the impression that the time between a Tasksforce's operation was usually anywhere from a few hours to a day or two. For example "01-16 TFD digs in in a location at the end of operation, 02-16 TFD picks up 6 hours later and resumes patrol". Yet, two weeks of news has come out.
I may just be confused...

SGT Madsen

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 02:24:24 PM »
Well. This really is a job for the marines, but i think we are all ready to move in and secure the Embasy at a moments notice, we dont want another Benghazi i am sure.
M. MADSEN
SGT, USA
Infantryman, 1-506 Infantry

Kauer

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 02:39:50 PM »
The real question is why the Embassy was not evacuated as per US Federal Policy. The country has no recognized government so what was the point of having an Embassy? Hopefully they will send us to get them out!

Waller

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 02:47:56 PM »
The real question is why the Embassy was not evacuated as per US Federal Policy. The country has no recognized government so what was the point of having an Embassy? Hopefully they will send us to get them out!

Erzikistan has a recognized government.

Hopp

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 03:14:30 PM »
Well. This really is a job for the marines, but i think we are all ready to move in and secure the Embasy at a moments notice, we dont want another Benghazi i am sure.

Perhaps another joint operation for 506th and 15th?

Hito

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 03:36:28 PM »
Embassy protection is not our job, if something bad happen our Commander in Chief will send whatever asset suit best for that particular operation. Remember a lot of things are developing at the same time, enemy forces have spread the rumor of the supossed allegations of  US militar y personel hurting people
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 03:38:12 PM by SGT Hito »

Oakley

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2016, 03:57:48 PM »
omg too much going on behind the scenes ..... :S

from this point on im just gonna do what i'm ordered to and forget about the politics .... i will leave that for the higher ups

CPT (Ret) Nagel

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2016, 04:43:29 PM »
Can someone explain to my brain how the timeline works for all this "News" vs Operations? I was under the impression that the time between a Tasksforce's operation was usually anywhere from a few hours to a day or two. For example "01-16 TFD digs in in a location at the end of operation, 02-16 TFD picks up 6 hours later and resumes patrol". Yet, two weeks of news has come out.
I may just be confused...

The dates of operations are left ambiguous. That being said, some both S-2 and S-3 take liberties with where we are on the storyline in order to keep the story going and to have operations like this last two, where they continue one after another.
D. NAGEL
CPT, USA
Retired

Leeds

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2016, 02:47:11 PM »
Yet, two weeks of news has come out.

I feel like if they made the dates more relative to the timeline of the missions, I think it'd flow better. It seems to me that all the content expressed in these articles, propaganda, official documents, etc could all still happen within the specified IGT between operational phases. I'm currently making videos of these phases and trying to make them flow into the subsequent additions seamlessly; so I've been thinking about the story connection a lot.

CPT (Ret) Nagel

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2016, 02:54:37 PM »
Yet, two weeks of news has come out.

I feel like if they made the dates more relative to the timeline of the missions, I think it'd flow better. It seems to me that all the content expressed in these articles, propaganda, official documents, etc could all still happen within the specified IGT between operational phases. I'm currently making videos of these phases and trying to make them flow into the subsequent additions seamlessly; so I've been thinking about the story connection a lot.

Again, that will not happen. Operations take place within the context of the story. If this were the case, you guys all just spent 2 weeks sitting on a hill top doing nothing. Operations take place within the story, the dates that these operations were held, within the story is ambiguous. The story that S-2 produces is the official story, but the story will not have 100% control over operations. This has been attempted in the past, and it lead to very, very bad operations.
D. NAGEL
CPT, USA
Retired

Hito

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2016, 03:26:52 PM »
Gents, please enjoy the ride, the scenery, smell the fresh smoke of the battlefield in the morning with a delicious MRE in your hand. All this effort is for your enjoyment, not for spend hours discussing about little things, all this helps to the immersion to understand the history as a whole. We have a limited time through the year for our deployments, so we have to use it  in the best ways possible, nobody here wants to spend two years on this hills because the timeline of the history needs to be in order with operations and the history needs to develops so operations can match history. I bet a lot of people will get bored if that happens.

Outstanding work S-2 shop, keep pounding us with your great articles.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 03:28:49 PM by SGT Hito »