Author Topic: Iran Today - 1 May 2016 - US counters abuse claims  (Read 4438 times)

1LT (Ret) Dale

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
Iran Today - 1 May 2016 - US counters abuse claims
« on: May 02, 2016, 12:20:29 AM »
US denies Civilian abuse report

Pentagon refutes details of US abuse of Ezrikistan populace.
By Imran Pedrad
Iran Today

Sunday, 1st May 2016

Washington – Amid accusations of murky protocols, lack of oversight and inadequate resources in the US response to the situation in Ezrikistan, Pentagon officials today took to the record to state that there is no substantiated proof of widespread mistreatment or illegal actions by the military.

This is in the face of accusations from the Ezrikistan Red Cross, who claim that there have been a number of violations of articles of war in the areas they operate in over the last week, specifically in the area currently subjugated to the presence of the 101st Airborne Division.

One report detailed several incidents involving U.S. troops firing on civilian vehicles and abusing locals, in the face of a populace reticent to welcome what it sees as military occupiers to its region. In further releases, Red Cross personnel reported coming across civilians ousted from their homes and displaced with no clear protection from supposed militia forces, for the purpose of providing US troop’s shelter from fire. The report condemns these actions as wholescale militarisation of local property unseen since actions in Western Europe, 70 years ago.

Pentagon spokespeople and Administration officials alike have been quick to react to negative statements in recent days, to counter the losing PR war caused by troops at the front. The Pentagon Press Secretary had this to say;

“Whilst the position of this administration is to refrain from commenting on unsubstantiated rumour and hearsay, it is the intent of the Department of Defense to seriously review any allegations made against US troops on the ground. The Pentagon stresses that at this time the sole focus of the United States in the area is to support the local populace, establish and maintain the popularly elected government and provide aid where needed. This mission is uniform for all of our troops and is paramount to our deployment in this country. There is no reason to suggest there has been any deviation by any of our combat troops from this mission in recent days, and I suggest the Red Cross provides better information than currently tabled.”

The above statement is an unusual release for the Pentagon (as noted by the PPS in his release) and follows the publicised FOIA request lodged by the United Civil Liberties Union on Monday, suggesting a probable response to quell any panic in the US.

To date, there have been no publicised actions against troops currently in theatre for the above allegations.
J. DALE
1LT, USA
Retired

Kauer

Re: Iran Today - 1 May 2016 - US counters abuse claims
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 12:43:59 AM »
Sublime work LT. To Hell with the Red Cross!

Oakley

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 04:33:26 AM »
good article LT.

what the hell does the red cross know about anything!

"give us the tools, and we'll finish the job"

SGT (Ret) Caruthers

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 03:03:30 AM »
I work for the Red Cross IRL *cough cough*
R. CARUTHERS
SGT, USA
Retired

Waller

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 06:04:39 AM »

Were you at the hospital that got "accidentaly" bombed in Irak?

SGT (Ret) Caruthers

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 06:31:18 AM »

Were you at the hospital that got "accidentaly" bombed in Irak?

I'm more local disasters.

I'm not trying to start drama or anything, just reminder to be careful how you talk about organizations.
R. CARUTHERS
SGT, USA
Retired

R. F. Nelson

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 11:33:20 AM »
This is a work of fiction, and if we're going to be Type 2-Alpha's about it, then we have a serious problem.

Good article LT Dale. Keep on hitting us with the fiction.