Author Topic: Waiting a month or so before going to training.  (Read 6191 times)

Alexander

Waiting a month or so before going to training.
« on: December 10, 2014, 04:51:35 PM »
Hello, I am currently a newly accepted member of the 506th. Very recently, a part of my hardware has broken and I have replaced it with an integrated one. My computer now cannot run large firefights in ARMA and is pretty unplayable.

I have not started training at all, and was wondering if it would be okay to wait a month or two until I could pay for replacement hardware? Thank you in advance.

Woolbright

Re: Waiting a month or so before going to training.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 06:08:32 PM »
Was it your graphics card?

Alexander

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 07:05:58 PM »
Was it your graphics card?
That and my power supply (which doesn't affect performance), so I am just going to buy a new rig, but the question still stands if this is OK to do without being kicked out or sent into reserves or what have you, although I have a feeling I will be fine as I have not actually initiated any duties yet. I just need to get new hardware.

Sinwell

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 11:30:00 PM »
In the 506th we have a reserves program that could potentially help your problem. You can file for reserves after getting your application processed, and that will give you more time before attending training.

CPT Drumheller

• 18A Special Forces Officer
  • Combat Element
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 04:33:19 AM »
Sinwell we do not have a reserves component in the 506th.

Alexander - You'll probably be fine since the entire unit is going on winter standown next monday until the first week of 2015.
J. DRUMHELLER
CPT, SF
Commanding Officer, ODA 5221, Co B\2-5th SFG