Author Topic: International Times - 12APR16 - U.S. Answers the Call  (Read 8747 times)

Hastings

International Times - 12APR16 - U.S. Answers the Call
« on: April 12, 2016, 08:06:36 PM »

U.S. ANSWERS THE CALL
International Times - Dateline 12 April 2016
Tonight, a breaking news announcement from the White House, as the President confirms that the U.S. will be sending troops to Erzikistan to aid and assist in bringing a peaceful end to the conflict that so suddenly spiraled out of control.  With the recent start-up of “the Erzikistan Republic”, and the more recent kidnappings of Erzikistani government officials, this situation has grown very tense.

Just earlier, United States President Henry Chambers announced that we will be sending in military assets to control this potential insurgent threat.  The President said in his address:
“Our friends in the international community need our help.  The U.S. is dedicated to all of our allies, and we will be aiding Erzikistan by sending in military assets to help control the situation.  Currently, we have decided that we will be sending in the 506th to help bring a peaceful resolution and help Erzikistan recover from it’s economic problems.

International Times
Alex McCormick
Written by SGT Parsons
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 03:48:56 PM by Hastings »

Barraco

• Eddie Barraco
Re: International Times - 12APR16 - U.S. Answers the Call
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 08:43:24 PM »
...and so it begins.. Nice work.

S. Cook

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 09:35:22 PM »
Nice work, can't wait to get in there and deal out some freedom and kill the insurgent disease once and for all !!!

E. Ray

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 10:53:00 PM »
This seems slightly excessive to secure against what is basically a militia of criminals.

Then again, our long-time "friends", the Russians and Iranians, just happen to border Erzikistan in the NE and SE. I guess the militia won't be employing Hilux cavalry for too much longer.

1LT (Ret) Burke

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 11:19:56 PM »
B. BURKE
1LT, IN
Retired

CW2 (Ret) Nobel

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Retired
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 11:44:27 PM »
Cant wait to call in air strikes on these bastards!
J. NOBEL
CW2, AV
Retired

Capt (Ret) Soto

• 11F3B Fighter Pilot
  • Retired
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 01:38:56 AM »
This seems slightly excessive to secure against what is basically a militia of criminals.

Then again, our long-time "friends", the Russians and Iranians, just happen to border Erzikistan in the NE and SE. I guess the militia won't be employing Hilux cavalry for too much longer.
The head of "Erzikistani Steel Production" and leader of the strike, Onder Sezen, has protested the Iranian energy deals and has instead turned to Russia for help.
I wouldn't bet on the Russians being too far away from this given their connection to the factions less friendly to the legitimate government.  As for whether or not the Russians have a motive to enter the region is yet to be seen.  I seriously doubt a small nation like Erzikistan has sufficient economic pull for the Russians to justify stepping in to defend their interests.  Who knows?
R. SOTO
Capt, USAF
Retired

SPC (Ret) Ciancio

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 04:35:07 AM »
Hah! "Peaceful resolution" my ass!
B. CIANCIO
SPC, USA
Retired

LaPrade

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 11:40:38 AM »
Hah! "Peaceful resolution" my ass!

Peace through firepower.

LaPrade

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 11:43:29 AM »

The head of "Erzikistani Steel Production" and leader of the strike, Onder Sezen, has protested the Iranian energy deals and has instead turned to Russia for help.
I wouldn't bet on the Russians being too far away from this given their connection to the factions less friendly to the legitimate government.  As for whether or not the Russians have a motive to enter the region is yet to be seen.  I seriously doubt a small nation like Erzikistan has sufficient economic pull for the Russians to justify stepping in to defend their interests.  Who knows?

Highly unlikely of them, if history shows anything they will supplement the militia forces and run a proxy war against us. That is, to my guess, the extent of their involvement. Still, I would expect a heavily armed foe.

Tabor

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 12:16:43 PM »
Here we go boys

SSG (Ret) Beard

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2016, 02:01:12 PM »
Once more unto the breech, dear friends...
D. BEARD
SSG, USA
Retired

Stukas

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2016, 02:45:12 PM »

1LT (Ret) Burke

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2016, 03:06:59 PM »
It's also shares borders with Syria, Iraq and Iran.  What could possibly go wrong?
B. BURKE
1LT, IN
Retired

S. Murphy

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2016, 07:47:07 PM »
Great Job Guys!!!