Author Topic: International Times - 04 April 2016 - Erzikistan Strikes  (Read 5905 times)

SSG (Ret) J. Hart

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
International Times - 04 April 2016 - Erzikistan Strikes
« on: April 04, 2016, 07:17:16 PM »
Erzikistan Strikes

Dateline – 04 April, 2016

A Labor Union Strike in Erzikistan

Due to the failing Erzikistani economy, several labor unions across the country, including Erzikistan's only major steel manufacturer, have begun going on strike to protest the low wages. Theses strikes, however, will only cause the already floundering economy to crash and burn. With the production of steel coming to a grinding halt, the creation of machinery and transport equipment, the two main exports out of Erzikistan, will also cease, creating even grater economic instability. When asked about how the government is going to deal with the crisis, Erzikistan's Prime Minister Bartu Akkas said:

With a heavy heart, I must inform the world that Erzikistan will be withdrawing from NATO as we can no longer commit funds to the cause. We will be putting this money into the pockets of the steel workers to try and get our economy back up and running.

Erzikistani government officials have also continued to bargain with Iran for more energy in a continuing effort to aid the economy. The head of "Erzikistani Steel Production" and leader of the strike, Onder Sezen, has protested the Iranian energy deals and has instead turned to Russia for help.

Alan White - International Times
*This news report is a fictional work to support the 506th ARMA gameplay
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 04:09:01 AM by SGT J. Hart »
J. HART
SSG, USA
Retired

Capt (Ret) Soto

• 11F3B Fighter Pilot
  • Retired
Re: International Times - 04 April 2016 - Erzikistan Strikes
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 07:48:41 PM »
Not looking good over there.  How exactly the Russians and Iranians will handle the energy dispute is a bit concerning.  The proximity to NATO members has me thinking we may be on our way soon to defend our allies in Turkey.  Things could get pretty hot pretty fast.
R. SOTO
Capt, USAF
Retired

Heikinheimo

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 09:41:09 PM »
at least it doesn't look like a jungle...

CPT (Ret) Nagel

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 09:48:04 PM »

Not a jungle
D. NAGEL
CPT, USA
Retired

SGT Kahrs

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 10:07:54 PM »
Bad shit happens when the citizens can't afford to feed their families... If it comes to the worst it won't matter whether it's jungle or not, we may need to step in and help.
A. KAHRS
SGT, USA
Infantryman, 1-506 Infantry

M. Woods

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 11:31:33 PM »
Yeah just hope we don't get caught in a police action (leave that to the U.N.)

CW2 (Ret) O'Neill

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Retired
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 12:38:46 AM »
Russia

Lemme at 'em! LEMME AT 'EM!!!!
K. O'NEILL
CW2, USA
Retired

SGT (Ret) Falconer

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 09:58:46 AM »
So things are turning sour at a very rapid rate. Take two FREEDOM pills a day, feel free to exceed recomended dosage.

I feel I must nitpick just a little.
With a heavy heart, I must inform the world that Erzikistan will be withdrawing from NATO as we can no longer commit funds to the cause. We will be putting this money into the pockets of the steel workers to try and get our economy back up and running.

Very few, if any NATO countries actaully spend the requested amount of money from their national budget  (which I think is 2%) on defense. Erzikistans departure from NATO due to not having the required funds seems unlikely, unless there is more to it then we currently know. If so then just ignore my ranting.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 01:41:36 PM by SGT Falconer »
R. FALCONER
SGT, USA
Retired

SSG (Ret) Beard

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 01:35:46 PM »
Sounds like that the nation's leaders are shifting away from the IMF and World Bank and looking towards having their economy bailed out by BRICS. If they align politically with the Russian/Chinese banks and governments, we will see a steady flow of military equipment and Russian/Chinese 'advisors'. Syria all over again. The only difference is that we will be in the middle this time.
D. BEARD
SSG, USA
Retired

SGT Madsen

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 01:58:15 PM »
I dont think Turkey will tolerate a russian presence in Ezikistan.. it sounds like it is going to be a very hot situation if this keeps evolving.
M. MADSEN
SGT, USA
Infantryman, 1-506 Infantry

Heikinheimo

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 11:34:03 AM »
NO!!! PLEASE NO! OH PLEASE ! NO! NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Not a jungle

S. Murphy

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 06:44:14 PM »
This is gonna be a blast. I'm very excited for this and eager to participate. Now this will be my first deployment however, if that means I'm sitting on my ass somewhere then I'm fuckin game!

Damn I'm excited for this!  Also big props to the writers and those who are putting this together.  OUTFUCKINSTANDING JOB!

All The Way!!

Barraco

• Eddie Barraco
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2016, 06:57:07 PM »
outstanding job from our News Room writers...

Not looking good over there. 506th ready to defend freedom and the good cause ... lace up gents, this ones gonna be fun!