Author Topic: For us who wants but aren't able.  (Read 5403 times)

PFC (Ret) H. Hansen

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
For us who wants but aren't able.
« on: December 09, 2014, 08:03:54 PM »
So this question is hopefully very easy to answer. I am told that a saturday night platoon might show up one day, but until then I'm personally not able to partake in the unit's operations and FTXs... I was wondering if there are other positions that might need to be filled, that people like me could do until such a platoon is up. I'm told that the 506th want to avoid too much paperwork as there is in the 15th, but is it possible to maybe get a administative position or something similar that aren't restricted by your time zone?

H. HANSEN
PFC, USA
Retired

Simmering

Re: For us who wants but aren't able.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 08:41:43 PM »
Someone higher than me would have to clarify, but as far as I know we currently do not give staff roles (s-1 administrative, s-2 intelligence, s-3 training and operations, s-4 modification and mission) as primary billets. We are a very new and quickly expanding unit where these things may very well become possible. I'm aware and I'm sure command staff is aware that there are a lot of people that depend on a Saturday operation. I thank you for your patience and if you would continue to have patience with us we'll make sure you are squared away properly.

Regards,

Kovac

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 08:24:52 AM »
I have a question. If I would apply to join, would I be able to go to reserves untill the saturday Platoon is up?

I was in 15th as a PFC. So I guess I would be able skip the basic training or has that been changed?

MAJ (Ret) Hayes

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 08:36:17 AM »
To Clarify : There have been some personnel who have been assigned to staff positions as primary billets, this is a case by case occurrence and generally speaking those people are filling significant billets, such as Training and Operations Officer, over-seeing a significant work load. We do not have stand alone clerk billets.

Technically there is nothing against the rules for a person to join the 506th, complete training, and then request to be moved to reserves until a desired billet opens up. Every member of the 506th has the privilege of going to reserves in luei of active billet for their own reasons. It should be noted that any person in reserves must maintain some activity level. Regular forums and Teamspeak activity is expected. Obviously as a unit we do not desire to carry a massive reserve load.
P. HAYES
MAJ, USA
Retired