Author Topic: Horrible menu glitch / Performance questions  (Read 6602 times)

Alexander

Horrible menu glitch / Performance questions
« on: December 09, 2014, 09:43:45 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's because I switched my aspect ratio to 16:10. But I have no clue how I am going to make it to the option to fix that when all I can see is this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=353657871

..Lord.. ...What have I done..

Also, general performance thread, anywhere I look for things on tweaking settings everyone just talks about the video options in-game. Does anyone know any good tips editing config files or such? Thanks.

Tramble

Re: Horrible menu glitch / Performance questions
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 10:10:52 AM »
For your resolution, delete all profile... make a new profile

if that doesnt work, uninstall the game xD.. if that doesnt work, its your TV/screen/cable

for perfomance if your having bad fps, just lower all settings.. close any apps, .exe , etc.. if your that desperate to get fps.. this works .. ctrl alt delete.. go in your Task manage... end process explorer.exe,   now to get it back up.. you need to go "File" on top of the TM, click run.. type in explorer.exe

i had a bad pc aswell and the way i get 30fps in arma was doing this

Alexander

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 11:08:00 AM »
For your resolution, delete all profile... make a new profile

I'd do this, but I have no idea how to navigate the menu if I can't see it.

S. Oliver

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 11:13:52 AM »
No need to totally delete your profile. Open up your profile config file with notepad.

Find the vertical and horizontal resolution lines and edit them back to your normal resolution. Save the file and launch your game.

File is found in your profile folder usually in your documents folder. Same place editor missions are saved.

Alexander

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 01:38:35 PM »
No need to totally delete your profile. Open up your profile config file with notepad.

Find the vertical and horizontal resolution lines and edit them back to your normal resolution. Save the file and launch your game.

File is found in your profile folder usually in your documents folder. Same place editor missions are saved.

Thanks friend. I will look into this when I get back home.

Still however looking for more detailed ways to increase performance on the game. I already have everything set to accommodate my PC's horrid performance. Does ARMA 3 have a config for graphical settings and such related to games like, Red Orchestra 2, Metro: Last Light, etc?

S. Oliver

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 01:51:43 PM »
Your welcome.

As for your performance, when you get home post your computer specs your avg fps and as much info on what you have done so far and I will help you. At lest get you pointed in the right direction.

You have to have a little patience . arma is like a high maintenance gold digger. Its hard to get her running right with all the mods etc... But when you do you will be in love and the envy of your friends...

Capt (Ret) Morgan

• 11F3B Fighter pilot
  • Retired
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 02:43:32 PM »
If you want to help with the performance, I recommend you check out this thread here.

http://day0.com.au/forum/arma/638-arma-3-performance-tweaks-and-settings-guide

Really does make a difference and can boost anywhere between 5 and 15+ frames per second if you do all this stuff.
G. MORGAN
Capt, USAF
Retired