Author Topic: What are some playable settings for ArmA 3?  (Read 5531 times)

Lumar

What are some playable settings for ArmA 3?
« on: July 28, 2015, 09:37:18 PM »
Hey, I would like to ask what are some good settings that I can set for my game to not only look good but also run at a steady frame rate. I don't really need stuff like shadows and radial blur or things like it, I just want to be able to make out enemies 500m out. At the moment I have some settings high and some settings disabled, I enable MSAA sometimes because it helps me but also drops my FPS. Where my settings are now they allow me to play at 30-40fps but I don't know why but I get frame drops every minute or so even if nothing is going on. If anyone could help weather it's launch commands, settings, tips, or just plain telling me how to optimize all help is appreciated. I expect my specs could help you out.

PC- ASUS G74SX A1 ROG Gaming Notebook

CPU- i7-2630qm 2GHz w/ Hyper threading

GPU- Nvidia GeForce GTX 560m 2gb

RAM- 12gb ddr3 1333MHz

HD- 2x 500gb HDD

OS- Windows 7 SP1

Thanks to all who can help,
Lumar

MSG (Ret) Main

• 11Z Infantry Senior Sergeant
  • Retired
J. MAIN
MSG, USA
Retired

Lumar

Re: What are some playable settings for ArmA 3?
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 04:00:45 PM »
Helped a little bit but I still get constant fps drops, like I get 50 fps and it just drops 50-20 50-20 no matter what is going on.

Korian

• Twitch Chan
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 05:50:42 PM »
WEll just a quick look you could probably do with a better GPU and CPU. The VRAM you has is really tiny in comparison with most modern games its almost the bare minimum. CPU you are ok but you should try to get something a bit stronger. i7-3k+ would be good, probably 4k+ really.

Arma is very CPU heavy, it also uses a lot of VRAM. It wouldn't hurt to get a SSD to put the game on either but that's another thing entirely :p

Most cases the game is dropping because of mods you are using plus the amount of actual things being rendered around you at any given time. There isn't a whole lot you can do about it.

Hito

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 07:21:54 PM »
You can also try using Process Lasso, whit this you can configure your computer so it always use the max performance settings and CPU core all the time and you can prioritize ARMA.

Lumar

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 07:34:11 PM »
WEll just a quick look you could probably do with a better GPU and CPU. The VRAM you has is really tiny in comparison with most modern games its almost the bare minimum. CPU you are ok but you should try to get something a bit stronger. i7-3k+ would be good, probably 4k+ really.

Arma is very CPU heavy, it also uses a lot of VRAM. It wouldn't hurt to get a SSD to put the game on either but that's another thing entirely :p

Most cases the game is dropping because of mods you are using plus the amount of actual things being rendered around you at any given time. There isn't a whole lot you can do about it.
Would love to upgrade but it cost too much with a laptop..

Lumar

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 07:34:51 PM »
You can also try using Process Lasso, whit this you can configure your computer so it always use the max performance settings and CPU core all the time and you can prioritize ARMA.
Can you explain how to do it or is there a link or something?

Hito

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 08:43:20 PM »
Just follow the link that SFC Main put in this thread. In the 2. General System Optimization part there is the link for Process Lasso. There youŽll find the information. I used the same link.

http://day0.com.au/forum/arma/638-arma-3-performance-tweaks-and-settings-guide

that should help.

Lumar

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 11:21:38 PM »
Just follow the link that SFC Main put in this thread. In the 2. General System Optimization part there is the link for Process Lasso. There youŽll find the information. I used the same link.

http://day0.com.au/forum/arma/638-arma-3-performance-tweaks-and-settings-guide

that should help.
Okay, thank you.