Author Topic: Infantry OSUT - timezone difference.  (Read 3396 times)

Archibald

Infantry OSUT - timezone difference.
« on: July 26, 2015, 03:19:47 AM »
Hi there,
I recently finished my RCT training and I've been in the process of signing up for an OSUT class. Probably two weeks ago I had a good amount of time to attend the infantry OSUT, however my sleeping schedule was not in its prime, so I unfortunately missed out on two vital trainings for me. Currently the trainings are either around 5am in the weekends or midday during the week. These times I'm either asleep or I'm not at home.

Is there any compromise which would render me able to attend some sort of training? Will the times for the trainings change in the near future? I'm greatly interested in joining the 506th and currently I'm at a stand still. Also, not sure if this is the right section to post in. Apologies if it's the incorrect section.
Cheers guys.

Edit: I just noticed the duty desk is more appropriate for my post as opposed to this section of the forums. If someone could move this it would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 05:20:00 AM by PV1 Archibald »

SSG (Ret) Cast

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
Re: Infantry OSUT - timezone difference.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 09:39:03 AM »
First step I would recommend is PM SGT Avery about getting an extension, in order not to be dropped at the 45 day mark. Unfortunately I don't believe there is any planned changes for the times, someone in OSUT would be better suited to supply that answer.
L. CAST
SSG, USA
Retired

L. Stevens

Re: Infantry OSUT - timezone difference.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 12:25:38 PM »
As far as I am aware myself and the other instructors do not plan on changing their times anytime soon. As SGT Cast stated you can PM SGT Avery for an extension. Here are the requirements for completing OSUT:

-Completion of RCT training
-You must complete all 4 days in order
-You must be present during the training (yes I can tell when someone tries to AFK through a day)
-You must Complete OSUT in no shorter than 2 weeks but no longer than 45 days.

Therefor you could take each class with a different instructor and then take day 4 with your favorite, technically. It is recommended that you try and stay with one instructor so that you receive the best instruction and get to know a few of your fell members as well, rather than jumping from class to class.

The OSUT training times closely match those of most Squad training times within the unit that you would be required to attend once you became a member. The only time that we do not closely represent with OSUT would be training times held on the weekends at 1700 EST.