Author Topic: .pbo and CTD error  (Read 3597 times)

O'Dette

.pbo and CTD error
« on: July 12, 2015, 06:04:16 PM »
Guys,

This is a weird one, and I don't fully understand the hows and whys, but I'll explain it best I can.

First off, every time I start ArmA, I get a pop-up that says "unusual exit" or something like that. The game loads normally despite this.

Second, and this is where my troubles really began, is that I would get a .pbo error every time I joined in a 506th server. The pho in question was one of the kimi HUD/UIs. It was in the 506th pack, so I kept on trying to get it working again and again, but I kept getting the error.

Then yesterday, I tried deleting the two .pbos after being told that they weren't supposed to be on (can someone confirm about that?), but ever since  I did that I haven't been able to connect to a 506th game. I will pick my billet, and while it's loading me in, the game crashes to desktop.

Does anyone know what is going on and how I fix it?

O'Dette

Re: .pbo and CTD error
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 09:52:18 AM »
Bumping this for urgency's sake, as I think I have platoon training tonight.

Hopp

Re: .pbo and CTD error
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 10:43:14 AM »
Try these incrementally until it resolves:

1) Go into your Arma 3 main folder DLL folder.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Dll
You will see approximately 7 DLL files like ~tbmalloc.dll etc.

Delete all memory alloc DLLs except for the readme.  Restart steam and relaunch.

2) Go into your Arma 3 addons for 506th ACE addons folder.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@506th_ACE\addons

Delete ace_noidle.pbo (may or may not be present). Restart steam and relaunch.

3) Go into your Arma 3 addons for 506th ACE addons folder.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@506th_ACE\addons

Delete ace_goggles.pbo (may or may not be present).  Restart steam and relaunch.

These three things solve all common known crash to desktop errors after selecting billet and launching into game (very last step of joining server).

Good luck!

« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 10:45:34 AM by PV2 Hopp »