Author Topic: International Times - 28 August 15 - The Liberation  (Read 6295 times)

SSG (Ret) J. Hart

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
International Times - 28 August 15 - The Liberation
« on: August 28, 2015, 06:23:04 PM »
The Liberation

Citizens of Chernarus relaxing and having a good time

Dateline - 28 July, 2015

The International Times recently interviewed several Chernarussian citizens now living throughout the CDF liberated parts of the country. The freed people of Chernarus have begun using the phrase "The Liberation" to describe the great freedom given to them by the Chernarus Defence Force.

Sergei Grigorev, a lumberer by trade, has been living in Pustoska his entire life. Pustoska was liberated by the Chernerus Defense Force back in early July, after the RPLA's blitzkrieg early in the campaign. Sergei welcomed the CDF troops with open arms, having lost a family member throughout the RPLA's brutal campaign. Sergei said the following about 'The Liberation'. "I am happy living my simple life again, without worrying daily about the safety of my family. The Chernarus Defense Force has been a great source of good for our country, and I hope that we can learn from them when we have our government restored."

Sergei and his dog

Ardik Ivanov was living in Podagorsk before the conflict there escalated. When asked about why he moved to Chernarus he said, "I saw that tensions were rising, so I packed up my stuff and moved to Chernarus. I never expected such horrible conflict to follow me here." Ardik lives in Vybor as a deer hunter and cattle farmer, eating and selling his delicious trade. "Its a good life now since 'The Liberation' came. The woods are full of deer, and the Chernarus Defense Force could not be nicer. Though, from time to time I'll catch a quick glimpse of some greenish camo, or a helmet. I am getting old though and my eyes are not what they used to be!" He laughed and joked with us for a while before retiring to bed. He seems content with the way things are, and it is becoming self evident that things are beginning to look up for Chernarus and its citizens.

Ardik working early in the morning with his cattle

While Chernarus still sees its fair share of fighting, locals seem to be happy with the Chernarus Defence Force's progress and at a time when all eyes on their work, they seem to be setting a great example for military bodies all over the world.

Alan White - International Times

*This news report is a fictional work to support the 506th ARMA gameplay
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 10:15:19 PM by CPL J. Hart »
J. HART
SSG, USA
Retired

1LT (Ret) Hart

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
Re: International Times - 28 August 15 - The Liberation
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 06:32:34 PM »
Congratulations on your first article Corporal, its nice to see a feel good story after all of the combat!
L. HART
1LT, USA
Retired

Barraco

• Eddie Barraco
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 06:36:14 PM »
Excellent news to hear the good being done and the peace restored to the locals, by the hard work of those of the 506th. CURRAHEE!

SGT (Ret) Falconer

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 06:49:32 PM »
I need to find Sergei and ask him where he got those shades, I cant decide if they are ridiculous or awesome.
R. FALCONER
SGT, USA
Retired

CW3 Moreno

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Aviation Element
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 09:10:25 PM »
Ah yes, good to see the traditional feast of Ketchup, Mustard and cups.
A. MORENO
CW3, AV
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

SGT (Ret) Falconer

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 09:46:24 PM »
Ah yes, good to see the traditional feast of Ketchup, Mustard and cups.

Im sure there is a bitchin Chernarussian BBQ just to the right of the shot :P
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 10:28:24 PM by CPL Falconer »
R. FALCONER
SGT, USA
Retired

O'Dette

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 04:58:59 PM »
I'm glad to see the RPLA finally broken...

... but I don't believe they're gone for good. Chernarus is a big country, and there are many places something can hide, gathering its strength for a Götterdämmerung...