Open Forum > 506th IR RU News and Deployment Updates

Front Page - International Times -27 April 2015

(1/1)

1st Lt (Ret) Morris:
    "We hope we they can break though. Time is running out for us"
Dateline 27th of April 2015- Green Mountain, Chernarus

Today the RPLA launched a major push to overrun the CDF at Green Mountain. The RPLA estimates are upwards of 350 men, while generous estimates place the CDF forces at around 50.  The assault started around 11:30 AM. The fighting was very intense. At one point a group of RPLA soldiers almost breached the entrance of the compound. Private Dimitri describes the event. "I was firing my AK-47 from my foxhole. I looked to my left and I noticed an RPLA soldier was charging me with his bayonet. I pulled the trigger but I was out of ammunition. I caught his barrel as he tried to stick me with his bayonet. I began throwing punches and I was able to get on top of him." Dimitri then paused for a few moments. He looked towards the ground. " I...I began to beat his face in with my helmet." This wasn't an isolated incident along the line. The fighting has become up close and personal due to the terrain of the mountain.

RPLA BMP Firing into CDF Positons
   The battle lasted for a little over two hours. The CDF forces killed two BMPs, one BTR and an estimated 50-90 RPLA soldier in the assault. Two CDF troops were killed and there were five that were wounded.  This was the first major attempt on the mountain by the RPLA. There have been multiple skirmishes between the two sides leading up to the battle.  The RPLA have been using psychological tactics. Throughout the night they will play messages over loud speakers. Some of the messages include, "Throw down your weapons. Do not die for a government who does not care about you." and " Your fight is over. You cannot win".
CDF Troop patrolling the line   
    The CDF have been surrounded since the major maneuver done by the RP LA on April 11. They have been stranded for over two weeks now. They are running low on food, supplies , and ammunition. Things have been getting desperate for the defenders.  "We have been scavenging for food and ammunition off of dead RPLA soldiers." said Private Krokov. The defense force consist of soldiers from multiple units that were cut off.  The highest rank that's commanding the rag tag group is a sergeant. When I asked Sergeant Alex Dzhey if he thought about surrendering, and replied,  "Never. We will fight to the end. If we surrender they will execute us. Our patrols identified members of the Red Guard among the regulars. We'd rather die on our feet fighting than lined up against a wall and be shot!".

Makeshift defenses the CDF constructed around Green Mountain 
    There has been two attempts by the CDF to break though the RPLA's lines. Although attempts failed, the CDF  is taking the fight to the RPLA in Zelenogorsk. They have recaptured 60 % of the city. "We can hear the vicious gun fire come from Zelenogorst from our foxholes" Private William Holub tells me. "We hope we they can break though. Time is running out for us"

Ryan Willkins - International Times - East European Branch

Written By SGT Morris
Edited By CPL Nelson
* This news report is a fictional work to support the 506th ARMA game play

SGT (Ret) Falconer:
Go CDF!!! Hold the line.

O'Dette:
Soldiers like these need to be saved.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version