Author Topic: 1-506th Notice of Re-Deployment  (Read 5032 times)

MAJ (Ret) Hayes

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
1-506th Notice of Re-Deployment
« on: March 23, 2015, 07:12:24 AM »
SECRET :: CLASSIFIED :: SECRET :: CLASSIFIED

Department of the Army
1-506th Headquarters
CPT Hayes, Commanding

To: All Commands and Detachments

Subject : Immediate Re-Deployment to AIR BASE Tarmo, Altis
Per Order from CentCom all Commands and Attachments are hereby notified that 1-506th and all supporting detachments are to withdrawal from Podagorsk to Air Base Tarmo on the Island of Altis for resupply and refit. All 506th ground forces and army aviators will be airlifted from Air Base Anvil on 24MAR15 at 1600 hrs. Delta Company Aviation and 30th IR equipment will be moved by US Air Force Logistical Command on 26MAR15. 74th Squadron will self locate to Altis on 26MAR15.

All Commands are to stand down units for debrief and AAR through the week of 29MAR15. 1-506th IR Command intends to begin FTX cycles on Altis beginning 05APR15.

All Commands should be advised Altis is considered a friendly NATO country however, there will be no off-base liberty or leave. The Island is currently experiencing a low-level insurgency based on a significant civil war that ended in 2014 with the assistance of the US Military. 1-506th IR Commands may be tasked with assisting in counter-insurgency actions in addition to FTX training.

Current political situations are unfolding in regards to 1-506th prisoners of war that are believed to have been moved to Chernarus by the RPLA. This Command has committed to resisting any withdrawal from the Med until those soldiers are returned safe and sound to this unit.

Good luck and God Speed.

Signed,
CPT Hayes
1-506th, Commanding
P. HAYES
MAJ, USA
Retired

O'Dette

Re: 1-506th Notice of Re-Deployment
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 04:09:57 PM »
Well, this is an interesting turn of events.

I suppose come the end of the FTX cycle we may see a return to the Black Sea. In the meantime, a training cycle is a great way for the guys to work out any kinks identified during deployment so we're all better off in the future.

SGT (Ret) Falconer

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
Re: 1-506th Notice of Re-Deployment
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 05:46:14 PM »
I never thought I would say this. But I have actually missed Altis. Its gonna be great to see it again. Can't wait for the FTX's to start.
R. FALCONER
SGT, USA
Retired