Author Topic: Local Comms Failure  (Read 5405 times)

SFC (Ret) Beckett

• 11B4O Infantryman
  • Retired
Local Comms Failure
« on: June 16, 2023, 06:30:04 PM »
Having an issue with my local comms failing. After a certain amount of time, up to an hour as little as fifteen minutes, others in the server can no longer hear my local comms unless I am transmitting on a radio. That is to say, those on net hear on the radio and those nearby hear me speaking locally but if I’m not pressing a radio transmit key I cannot be heard. Anybody experienced this and have a fix? I have reinstalled TS, and TFAR to no avail.
T. BECKETT
SFC, USA
Retired

1st Lt (Ret) Hardman

• 10C0 Operations Commander
  • Retired
Re: Local Comms Failure
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2023, 06:57:21 PM »
Can you see your TS while ingame? Does your lamp on TS light up (ie is your PTT firing)?
O. HARDMAN
1st Lt, USAF
Retired

SFC (Ret) Beckett

• 11B4O Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2023, 07:22:37 PM »
I believe it is not, will confirm during the inevitable failure tonight. Also, this is while using voice activation.
T. BECKETT
SFC, USA
Retired

MSG Speirs

• 11Z Infantry Senior Sergeant
  • Combat Element
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2023, 07:27:25 PM »
Try a different mic and try running as admin
E. SPEIRS
MSG, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

Capt (Ret) Clay

• 11F3B Fighter Pilot
  • Retired
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2023, 11:38:23 AM »
Check to see if gou have a voice gate set up either in TS or on your device.

I believe it is not, will confirm during the inevitable failure tonight. Also, this is while using voice activation.
D. CLAY
Capt, USAF
Retired

SSG M. Jaeger

• 18C Special Forces Engineer Sergeant
  • Combat Element
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2023, 12:21:02 PM »
If it's TS, that would be more of a plug-in problem than one with the TS app itself.

I recommend, if you haven't already, fully uninstalling AND making sure any configs/folders related to TS have been deleted -> reboot -> reinstall TS first, then the plugin

Alternatively, you are describing what is close to problems that begin when audio drivers are updated on a computer.  I'm a computer scientist, but have no flippin' idea why that is so.  If you did get, for example, a sound card or audio driver update about the same time, try rolling the version back, or uninstalling and reinstalling an older version.  If anything, you will know if that is related or not -- if you roll back and still have/stop having issues.

v/r
SGT M. Jaeger

M. JAEGER
SSG, USA
Engineer Sergeant, ODA 5221, Co B\2-5th SFG

SSG M. Jaeger

• 18C Special Forces Engineer Sergeant
  • Combat Element
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2023, 12:22:53 PM »
also make sure your TeamSpeak didn't update versions.  We are v. 3.5.6 on Windows.  Teamspeak has a version mismatch bug (still) and it throws all sorts or audio off.

If it's TS, that would be more of a plug-in problem than one with the TS app itself.

I recommend, if you haven't already, fully uninstalling AND making sure any configs/folders related to TS have been deleted -> reboot -> reinstall TS first, then the plugin

Alternatively, you are describing what is close to problems that begin when audio drivers are updated on a computer.  I'm a computer scientist, but have no flippin' idea why that is so.  If you did get, for example, a sound card or audio driver update about the same time, try rolling the version back, or uninstalling and reinstalling an older version.  If anything, you will know if that is related or not -- if you roll back and still have/stop having issues.

v/r
SGT M. Jaeger
M. JAEGER
SSG, USA
Engineer Sergeant, ODA 5221, Co B\2-5th SFG