Recruiting > The Duty Desk

Linux

(1/2) > >>

MSG Speirs:
Hey all, long time no see.

Our move went well and we are closing on our new house at the end of the month. Looking forward to getting back after it with everyone.

That being said, I'm also considering switching to Linux Mint (or straight up Ubuntu) completely.

A couple questions:
1. Anyone have any familiarity?
2. I've seen that Arma 3 works well on Linux, except BattleEye servers are a no-go. I don't believe we utilize battleeye on our servers but want to verify.
3. I used to program network environments in Redhat and FreeBSD and have familiarity with Ubuntu but haven't utilized Linux in 10+ years. Is there a distro that people recommend to maximize gaming compatibility? (I know WINE, Gnome, Unity are all options but I'm just looking to get as much info as possible.)

Thanks,
SGT Speirs

SFC (Ret) Beckett:
Sorry, no help here.

SSG M. Jaeger:
You can hit me up directly/off comms if you'd like.

1. Tons of Linux experience, so ask away (I'm in TeamSpeak like 24/7ish -- don't judge).
2. My understanding is that BI dropped support for Linux when it produced Arma-3 v2...so may want to check online or ask a few others.

v/r
CPL M. Jaeger

SSG J. A. Thompson:
 :)

MSG Speirs:

--- Quote from: CPL M. Jaeger on July 15, 2021, 02:42:02 PM ---You can hit me up directly/off comms if you'd like.

1. Tons of Linux experience, so ask away (I'm in TeamSpeak like 24/7ish -- don't judge).
2. My understanding is that BI dropped support for Linux when it produced Arma-3 v2...so may want to check online or ask a few others.

v/r
CPL M. Jaeger

--- End quote ---

Awesome, I'll reach out via DM and teamspeak once we move into the house.

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version