Author Topic: Recent TS issues  (Read 5771 times)

SFC (Ret) J. Morris

• 11B4O Infantryman
  • Retired
Recent TS issues
« on: June 19, 2021, 05:59:31 PM »
Within the last few weeks, I have started having some issues with Team Speak where sometimes some people won't hear me over radio or local while in game, I can hear them but they can't hear me.

When this happens I have tried a couple things, first being to reload TFAR and then to disconnect and restart Team Speak - but usually this has no affect. The only thing that seems to do it is to drop out and reconnect to the game. What I find strange with this is that when it happens it only seems to affect some people, not everyone.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be causing that or what steps I can attempt that don't require me to drop out and reconnect?
J. MORRIS
SFC, USA
Retired

Capt (Ret) Clay

• 11F3B Fighter Pilot
  • Retired
Re: Recent TS issues
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 06:21:59 PM »
Have you tried to disable and then re-enable tfar plugin?
D. CLAY
Capt, USAF
Retired

1st Lt (Ret) Hardman

• 10C0 Operations Commander
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 06:24:17 PM »
If it's only affecting some then it's likely a TFAR positional audio problem. As WOC Clay suggests, reinstall the plugin and/or reinstall Teamspeak.

Also make sure your versions are correct as that is known to cause problems as well.
O. HARDMAN
1st Lt, USAF
Retired

SFC (Ret) J. Morris

• 11B4O Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 07:32:13 PM »
I have tried disabling and re-enabling the plugin - that wasn't helping.

I have removed and reinstalled the plugin, so I'll see if that helps, if not then I'll reinstall all of team speak.
J. MORRIS
SFC, USA
Retired

SSG Pipps

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 09:19:47 PM »
If that don't work, it could be your headset
S. PIPPS
SSG, USA
Infantryman, 1-506 Infantry

SGT Stewart

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2021, 03:02:01 PM »
If you have more than one sound source, another mic plugged in, even if its embedded in another device like a webcam, make sure they are all disabled , and your headset mic is set to the primary audio device.

A bad cable on a set of headphones I had meant that windows would switch the audio device on me, mid game. It used to be you could switch it back using the audio control panel and make sure the right source was set in TS options, if you are in game now though it may not work and it might require you to restart the game, after re-selecting the audio source.

Again, check TS options to make sure your current audio capture device is your preferred device., if it isn't, use the windows audio control panel to set it back, and then do the same in TS options for the capture device.
R. STEWART
SGT, USA
Infantryman, 1-506 Infantry