Author Topic: MK Crows Turrets - Bug or Feature  (Read 2557 times)

SSG (Ret) Duffy

• 11C Indirect Fire Infantryman
  • Retired
MK Crows Turrets - Bug or Feature
« on: October 16, 2020, 11:38:51 AM »
Last mission I was gunner on an MK Crows turret for the first time. It turned into an evening/night mission, so the scope with nightvision/FLIR was important. I understand there are two gunner positions: one on a scope and one as a gunner.  The gunner position rotated 360, but the scope position was non-rotatable. The scope was fixed when in that position. We did not have two gunners in that position, so:

1. Does the scope rotate with the gun? As in do you need two gunners in the position - one one scope and the other on gun - to full use? Or
2. Does the scope rotate with some key combination I did not know?

The situation is that if the MRAP is supporting troops with fire and has only ONE gunner in the position, then the gunner has to jump back-and-forth between scope and gun. However, that is not feasible since that scope does not (seemingly) rotate.

Make sense?
R. DUFFY
SSG, USA
Retired

SGT (Ret) Keys

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
Re: MK Crows Turrets - Bug or Feature
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 03:14:32 PM »
Recommend you post this in the armory bug report thread

Post game-breaking issues with the current mod pack here.

Read through and make sure there are no duplicates of your issue.

Give a good explanation of the issue, and how to reproduce it.

If the issue did not happen on the official server on an official mission template, do not post it here.

Correct Format:
Description of what happened:

Server Tested on:

Way to reproduce the issue:

Known Issues:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 03:16:37 PM by SSgt Keys »
J. KEYS
SGT, USA
Retired

1LT (Ret) Mallory

• 15A Aviation Officer
  • Retired
Re: MK Crows Turrets - Bug or Feature
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 08:13:16 PM »
I think he is asking more along the lines of "is X supposed to do Y/is this an intended feature", before posting something that he may not potentially understand as a bug.

Recommend you post this in the armory bug report thread

With that said, this is a great question to bring up to your Team Leader/Squad Leader during training or in a PM if its more of an after-the-fact deal- especially given that they may have been there and can more keenly understand what you are referencing.
J. MALLORY
1LT, AV
Retired