Author Topic: Question Regarding Re-Joining  (Read 5085 times)

McGuire

Question Regarding Re-Joining
« on: July 22, 2020, 10:38:36 PM »
Hello all -

Been out of the unit for sometime, about 4 years I believe - to re-join I'd likely need to go thru Recruit Training and all that again correct?

I took a major break from Arma for a bit, then played with the 15th MEU for a bit, and have been out of Arma for a little over a year. I joined the 15th to play with a IRL friend, but being former Army, I can't keep living this life as an e-Marine  ;D

Any help would be greatly appreciated, look forward to joining back up!

Thanks

- McGuire

CW2 Warnick

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Aviation Element
Re: Question Regarding Re-Joining
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 12:04:44 AM »
Hi, if you have any questions feel free to ask me or some to the other Recruiters.

As you are a previous member you have 2 options. You could be processed as a new member and forgo your past and start as a new RCT, going through all the trainings.

Or you could come back returning member being placed in reserves for a minimum of 30 days. At your old rank with your past. You will not need to attend the RCT class or OSUT.

I believe there would be no issue if you would like to watch and assist with the RCT and OSUT classes, be I can not promise anything there. Or in reserves many people including myself would be happy to help catch you up to speed on the unit and what you need.
T. WARNICK
CW2, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

McGuire

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 08:40:44 AM »
Hi, if you have any questions feel free to ask me or some to the other Recruiters.

As you are a previous member you have 2 options. You could be processed as a new member and forgo your past and start as a new RCT, going through all the trainings.

Or you could come back returning member being placed in reserves for a minimum of 30 days. At your old rank with your past. You will not need to attend the RCT class or OSUT.

I believe there would be no issue if you would like to watch and assist with the RCT and OSUT classes, be I can not promise anything there. Or in reserves many people including myself would be happy to help catch you up to speed on the unit and what you need.

SGT -

Thank you for the helpful information and your willingness to assist. I'd rather do the 2nd option if that's available to me, being in reserves for 30 days is no problem for me. Although I havent been active in the 15th since last Sept 2019, been in their reserves, I am waiting for my retirement/honorable discharge to go through (not sure I have enough TiG with them for "retirement").

After that processes, what's the next step for returning as an existing member?

Thank you again SGT

- McGuire

CW2 Warnick

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Aviation Element
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 01:44:58 PM »
Mr. McGurie,

All you have to do is put in a new application once you have been discharged or retired from the 15th. Once that has been accepted you would be placed in reserves so you have time to get reacquainted with everything. Then you could transfer to an active billet after the 30 days.

SGT Warnick
S-1 Recruiter
T. WARNICK
CW2, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

McGuire

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 02:43:15 PM »
Mr. McGurie,

All you have to do is put in a new application once you have been discharged or retired from the 15th. Once that has been accepted you would be placed in reserves so you have time to get reacquainted with everything. Then you could transfer to an active billet after the 30 days.

SGT Warnick
S-1 Recruiter

SGT Warnick -

That is perfect sergeant, thank you for the support.

- McGuire